Interesting discussion regarding handling of scrambled packets in vnsiserver
Hi FernetMenta,

perhaps you are already aware. I'd like to direct your attention to an ongoing discussion at vdr-portal.de. If In understand correctly, they propose changes in vnsiserver to allow for a better handling of scrambled packets in combination with DD CI devices. I assume the language is not an issue for you Wink
Not sure what this discussion is about.
Some users with DD tuners and CI interfaces are seeing artefacts due to unexpected packets on decrypted channels (If I understand correctly theses packets are still encrypted). It seems there are several ways of mitigating this. Patches were proposed and verified to fix the issue either in vdr or vnsiserver code. Jasminj who wrote the ddci2 plugin has also proposed a different packet handling in vnsiserver for this type of packets.

I must admit I don't have the technical level to fully follow the conversation (hope my above description is at least to some extent accurate). As vdr-portal is a serious platform and the developers nst and jasminj seems to be very knowlegeable about this topic I thought you might like to follow this thread to see if there is anything you might want to adopt.

From the discusssion it may suffice to read only posts #451 - #455.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interesting discussion regarding handling of scrambled packets in vnsiserver0