Cannot for the life of me successfully connect through SSH to my OpenElec RPI 3
I know there are a ton of threads like this but I think I've been through most of them and still have not found a solution. I keep getting this error mesage:
Quote:The server rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections.Did you want to use FTP protocol instead of SFTP? Prefer using encryption.
I'm on a Raspberry Pi 3 B and on a Win10 machine. I'm using OpenElec 8.0.4

Troubleshooting attempts so far:

Yes, SSH is enabled.
Yes, the ip address is correct.
Yes, I can ping from my laptop to the Pi's ip address
No, I can't SSH from my andriod phone either
Yes, I've tried an older version of OpenElec (7.0.1)
Yes, I edited the cmdline to include ssh
Yes, I created a blank ssh file in the root of the SD Card
No, I did not properly install port forwarding. Port 22/SSH isn't a listed option in the dropdown menu on my Verizon FiOS router settings.
Yes, I tried port forwarding with a FTP type connection, as per WinSCP's error messageNo, I haven't tried wiring directly with ethernet.

Anyone else have something I haven't tried yet?
.....It is somehow f*cking working now.....After your link, I read the "SSH has to be enabled at the very first start of LE (installation wizard). Otherwise the SSH service isn't available." So I did a hard reset internally through KODI and i'm finally prompted to enter login credentials.....

I am using Libreelec now, though I was running into the same issues as before. The hard reset is the only thing I could even fathom making a difference. To anyone in the future coming here, I'm sorry I can't be anymore helpful than that.
All you'd have to do to get the initial LE-wizard again is delete the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml-file and reboot.
(2018-03-07, 20:22)Quihico Wrote: All you'd have to do to get the initial LE-wizard again is delete the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml-file and reboot.

this is useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the same fucking sentiment as the poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2019-04-13, 08:27)cudmore Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 20:22)Quihico Wrote: All you'd have to do to get the initial LE-wizard again is delete the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml-file and reboot.

this is useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the same fucking sentiment as the poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
are you FUCKING serious

"""
All you'd have to do to get the initial LE-wizard again is delete the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml-file and reboot."""
Please moderate your language and attitude.

You can enable/disable SSH in the services tab in the LE configuration add-on (accessible in My Addons/program addons in the add-on browser, or via the settings menu).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot for the life of me successfully connect through SSH to my OpenElec RPI 30