FM Radio PVR
Hello everyone!

I would like to give a huge public "THANK YOU!" to djp952 for making FM PVR a thing on Kodi again!

I'm on Matrix, and I'm listening to live over the air FM radio on Kodi right now (as I type this). This thing is complete with station logos, RDS info, and even the option to pull the signal in from a network rtl_tcp connection (or plugged in directly via USB). In summary, this thing is sweeeeet.

If anyone else is interested in this, grab yourself a dongle (and antenna) and head over here:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.rtlradio

Hello everyone!

Was wondering if anyone here would know how to make this source code for a Kodi v16 addon work with Kodi v17:
https://github.com/AlwinEsch/pvr.rtl.radiofm

It's a Software Defined Radio addon for Realtek RTL2832U based USB dongles.  I would love to have the ability to tune into local OTA FM broadcasts from within Kodi, but the author seems to have lost interest in updating it.

Anyone on here think this would be a cool plugin to get working again in Krypton?
What happens with 17? You haven't said what doesn't work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for showing some interest in this!

When I try to install the zip, I get the message, "Failed to install Add-on from zip file.  The dependency on kodi.guilib version 5.8.0 could not be satisfied."

I'm hoping it's not too hard to modify the code for use with Krypton...  or am I being being too optimistic?
(2018-03-13, 02:40)RTL2832U Wrote: Thanks for showing some interest in this!

When I try to install the zip, I get the message, "Failed to install Add-on from zip file.  The dependency on kodi.guilib version 5.8.0 could not be satisfied."

I'm hoping it's not too hard to modify the code for use with Krypton...  or am I being being too optimistic?

The add-on needs to be adapted to the Krypton (and at one day also to the Leia) PVR add-on API changes. Those changes are all documented in github. One needs to filter the closed PRs in repo xbmc for labels "pvr add-on API change" and "krypton" and to implement all changes listed there. So - quite some effort... The question is if you find somebody capable and willing to do this.
https://github.com/AlwinEsch/pvr.rtl.radiofm/issues/1
Thanks for the direction!

You seem to have a good handle on this.  Is it a fair question to ask if there are many people on this board who could handle doing it?
Thumbs Up 
Hello everyone!

I would like to give a huge public "THANK YOU!" to djp952 for making FM PVR a thing on Kodi again!

I'm on Matrix, and I'm listening to live over the air FM radio on Kodi right now (as I type this).  This thing is complete with station logos, RDS info, and even the option to pull the signal in from a network rtl_tcp connection (or plugged in directly via USB).  In summary, this thing is sweeeeet.

If anyone else is interested in this, grab yourself a dongle (and antenna) and head over here:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.rtlradio
@RTL2832U

Is that ok?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-09, 01:14)Karellen Wrote: @RTL2832U

Is that ok?

Yes.  Thanks Karellen.  Cool
Thanks for this post. Have it working on matrix windows 10 and matrix bullseye pi 400.
I should come here more often Smile You are quite welcome, and I'm happy that the work is finding its way "out there", even if on a rather old thread that was revived.  I recently added support for North American Hybrid Digital (HD) Radio (limited to just audio, no tags yet), that should go out soon, and am here on the forums to post a request to find volunteers to recruit for gathering data to add DAB(+) support.

It was a very nice surprise to see the mention, it was sincerely appreciated and unexpected.

Please don't anyone sell short the work that AlwinEsch has done, and continues to do, short in any way. My ultimate goal would be for AlwinEsch, or someone else from Team Kodi to use any work I have done to date to provide you all with a truly proper (and built-in) RTL-SDR Radio solution for Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FM Radio PVR0