• 111(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2019-10-04, 03:09)Snapcase Wrote: Hi @lightsout  & @docwra 

I also had performance issues. Even pressing back would take about 5-10 seconds. Getting back to the home screen from a subcategory was pretty annoying, but I was able to improve it a lot.

Try uninstalling the add-on and make sure you select delete add-on data, then reinstall the latest version from the repo. Or just delete plugin.video.netflix in userdata\addon_data 

I checked out the debug logs and had a lot of errors about settings definitions not being found. I had installed an older version of this add-on before finding the repo. Although I have been using the latest version from the repo, I think there was probably some junk left over in the addon_data folder. Deleting the addon data and reconfiguring fixed the issue. Now it appears to be using a cache instead of reloading every menu option like it was doing before. 

I'm guessing there was an old cache or other artifacts from the previous version preventing the caching in the most recent version from working properly. Some menu options seem to reload each time though ("My list"), but it's still much faster than before.
Thanks man I'll try it out.
(2019-10-04, 03:09)Snapcase Wrote: Hi @lightsout  & @docwra 

I also had performance issues. Even pressing back would take about 5-10 seconds. Getting back to the home screen from a subcategory was pretty annoying, but I was able to improve it a lot.

Try uninstalling the add-on and make sure you select delete add-on data, then reinstall the latest version from the repo. Or just delete plugin.video.netflix in userdata\addon_data 

I checked out the debug logs and had a lot of errors about settings definitions not being found. I had installed an older version of this add-on before finding the repo. Although I have been using the latest version from the repo, I think there was probably some junk left over in the addon_data folder. Deleting the addon data and reconfiguring fixed the issue. Now it appears to be using a cache instead of reloading every menu option like it was doing before. 

I'm guessing there was an old cache or other artifacts from the previous version preventing the caching in the most recent version from working properly. Some menu options seem to reload each time though ("My list"), but it's still much faster than before.
No luck for me, still pretty slow. And if I decide I don't want to wait and watch the spinning circle its basically locked until its done. Especially going into a show or pressing play on a movie can take over 30 seconds. Kind of kills the experience. I personally don't really use the add on, just like to have it working if I ever take the N2 anywhere.
Just updated the shield to 8.0.1 with the latest kodi nightly and the netflix 0.15.3 add-on. After updating the shield to 8.0.1 kodi would open then suddenly close. Only after I disabled the netflix add-on would kodi work normally. This was only an issue with kodi nightlies as the stable release worked fine. JFYI if anyone has a similar issue.
It happened also to me. I've reinstalled Kodi and Netflix plugin. No crash but I can't see hd movies.. also with ESN code(
(2019-10-03, 21:33)NotToday Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 22:43)Sholander Wrote: download this version (libwidevinecdm.so_4.10.1303.0-linux-armv7) and copy it to the same folder
I appreciate the thought, but I prefer not to download binaries in that fashion. 

I understand.., then you can extract it from your backup before the last update, as I did with the version I suggested you download, and feel safe...
Given this: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/03/i-hate...ght-2.html I will not be using Widevine in any way.
I don't see why you bring this up and what are your worries, since Chrome is NOT open source...
I have been having errors trying to get this installed and running on my raspberry pi 3b+. I'm told it's possible, so I wonder if any of you folks would be able to assist. Here is my log file.
I would obviously be happy to provide any additional information that may be needed.
(2019-10-06, 18:30)GormAuslander Wrote: I have been having errors trying to get this installed and running on my raspberry pi 3b+. I'm told it's possible, so I wonder if any of you folks would be able to assist. Here is my log file.

I think, not an expert, that you are missing "cryptodome dependency". Look at this post on another inputstram.adaptive addon thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2889707
(2019-10-06, 16:07)Sholander Wrote: I don't see why you bring this up and what are your worries, since Chrome is NOT open source...

I never said it was. Please read the post I linked to, it explains things much better than I can.
Hi,

I notice a very strange problem.
I have an Automation control system at my home (Control4) if Install Netflix APP and start using it.
The controller (FREEZ) nothing in my home works I don't know what it have to do with this specific APP.
Once I reboot the controller and stop the app everything goes back to normal.

Please Advise,
(2019-10-06, 22:53)NotToday Wrote:
(2019-10-06, 16:07)Sholander Wrote: I don't see why you bring this up and what are your worries, since Chrome is NOT open source...

I never said it was. Please read the post I linked to, it explains things much better than I can. 

I read the post which is about widevine on open source web browsers, and since Chrome is not open source, the reading was a complete waste of time.
Looks like a new commit for kodi fixes the netflix addon for shield devices. Now waiting for the new kodi apk to drop

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16729#...-538793014
(2019-10-06, 20:53)Sholander Wrote: I think, not an expert, that you are missing "cryptodome dependency". Look at this post on another inputstram.adaptive addon thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2889707 

That helps a lot, as I have never read anywhere else that it was required. It now allows me to launch, sign in, and navigate. Playback is interrupted with an error saying that inputstream is not available
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14