How can I get original title for TV Show?
Hi,

For movies there is:
Code:
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.OriginalTitle")

But for TV Shows it doesn't return the original title of the TV Show (In English)
Even this one:
Code:
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.TVShowTitle")

So how can I get original title for TV Show?

I need it because for example the titles in my library are not in English, and when I user "ListItem.TVShowTitle" it doesn't return the title in English,
also "ListItem.OriginalTitle" that as I understand it for Movies and not for TV Shows.
But it can be in other addons that not show the titles in English.

Thanks.
originaltitle is supported for tv shows as well.

it's hard to answer your question without being able to check the rest of your code.
generally, you'd need to get the the videoinfo tag of the listitem and retrieve the original title from there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie
ronie

My operation is like this:
I'm standing on an item in the list (An Episode type in my library, for example)
and check this value: xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.TVShowTitle")
But it doesn't get the TV show title info in English (Original), it returns as it shown.

I checked it also with: xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.OriginalTitle")
But this time it returns empty string (It works only with movies type I think, not with TV shows/Episodes)

Is it wrong?
What do you mean by video tag? what is the difference from this way?
ListItem.OriginalTitle works for episodes too, it returns the original title of the episode (not the original title of the tv show).
of course this info needs to be available in your database, otherwise it'll return empty.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie 

My scraper is set to take content in other language and not in English.

So my goal here is to stand on an Episode and take the Original Title of the TV Show? Is it possible?
"ListItem.TVShowTitle" returns the title as it shown, as the scraper does, so it's not good for me.

For movies, "ListItem.OriginalTitle" does the work.
I'm looking for a solution for TV Shows (When standing on Episode)

Thanks
hmmm... the only way i can think of is to use json-rpc to retrieve it.

if you have the dbid of the episode, you can use the GetEpisodesDetails method to retrieve the dbid of the tvshow.
then call GetTVShowsDetails to get the original title of the tvshow.
@ronie

What should be the 'request' form in order to get the episode details of the current item that I'm standing on?

What should be AAA, BBB and CCC, and how I get them?
request = {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id":AAA, "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails", "params": {"episodeid": BBB, "properties": ['CCC']}}

Should I do it with json or another way?

* Also, when and how do I use this function:
xbmc.VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails(ep_id)?
How do I get this 'ep_id' value?
AAA = 1
BBB = xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.DBID")
CCC = "tvshowid"
@ronie 
OK so this is the request:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1 , "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails", "params": {"episodeid": int(labelDBID), "properties": ['tvshowid']}}

But it returns an error, why?
Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Invalid params.', u'code': -32602}}
use double quotation marks:
"properties": ["tvshowid"]
@ronie 
Thanks, it ok now.

And for "GetTVShowDetails" what should be the properties "DDD"?
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1 , "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShowDetails", "params": {"tvshowid": int(tvshowid), "properties": ["DDD"]}}

EDIT:
I tried "originaltitle" but it returns empty.
Trying "title" returns the title as it shown in library but not the original in English.

Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'result': {u'tvshowdetails': {u'originaltitle': u'', u'tvshowid': 35, u'label': u'\u05de\u05e9\u05d7\u05e7\u05d9 \u05d4\u05db\u05e1'}}}
Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'result': {u'tvshowdetails': {u'tvshowid': 35, u'title': u'\u05de\u05e9\u05d7\u05e7\u05d9 \u05d4\u05db\u05e1', u'label': u'\u05de\u05e9\u05d7\u05e7\u05d9 \u05d4\u05db\u05e1'}}}

Is there any other solution?

Maybe with the imdb id? Is there any converter that is doing that?
i think the info is simply missing in your database.
i'd say you need to double-check that first.
(2018-03-21, 09:58)ronie Wrote: i think the info is simply missing in your database.
i'd say you need to double-check that first.
How do I check that?
How can I fix it?

Basically, the TVDB provider should do this, doesn't it?
Currently it configured to take the info in Hebrew, because I want to see it in Hebrew.
But for my purpose I want to get the original TV Show info in English.
use something like http://sqlitebrowser.org/ to open your video database.
check column c09 of the tvshow table.

i don't know much about our scrapers, you can't help you with that.
(2018-03-24, 17:20)ronie Wrote: use something like http://sqlitebrowser.org/ to open your video database.
check column c09 of the tvshow table.

i don't know much about our scrapers, you can't help you with that.
Thanks.I have already noticed this column of c09 (=originaltitle) that it's empty.
I can fill it by myself, but I think the scraper should do it automatically.

I will check if there is a GitHub for the TVDB scraper addon, ask them about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I get original title for TV Show?0