XBOX Kodi support in Xbox one to external 3.0 4TB HD access when Formated for games & apps
in order to make space on my 4TB HD usb 3.0 drive I used it for game and apps feature as you know windows 10 doesn't support copying video clips or access to the partition in windows 10,
I noticed that you can install Kodi 18.0 for xbox one on 3.0 4TB drive instead of
internal HD 500GB size built in drive but when using the app its Home Folder on xbox one using the Internal HD partition instead of the 4TB drive I think,
I noticed that under kodi's system their is an file manager that you can use to copy or move your video clips file directory or file itself into the Home Folder's media directory on the internel HD drive, but it has yet to be able to access the USB 3.0 partion when its formatted in the xbox ones games and apps , also noticed that if you delete the kodi app as it crashes on you and when you reinstall it any file stored under Home Folders Media directory is removed or delete at least it looks like it is deleted on reinstall of kodi 18 version, I also know that you can copy files onto the xbox one internal hd 500gb drive from xbox ones built in file manager app that included on the system but for what's reason the kodi app cannot yet access the folders under it with videos directory and photo directory under the built in File Manager on the xbox one itself, I have all updates on my xbox one done you can transfer your video clips into that directory but for whatever reason the kodi app does not yet have access to these files yet.

my feature request is that kodi get access to the xbox one built file manager directory for the same path as home folder, also would like to be able to store my video clips file under my 4TB drive in the future if possible.
the reason I don't want to use U:\users\ path is the fact that under kodi is you transfer your files onto it you would at some point need to reinstall the kodi app, after uninstall kodi app it seems to deletes the files under it too that you transfer over from your usb drive, I understand the reason to reset kodi this way if it crashes on you since that seems to be the only way to fix the crashing beta problems, but since it also deletes your internel hd drive files too that would be a small problem to have to recopy over the files, I would not move command under file manager in kodi since the files into kodi's U:\users\ path for home folder unless you want to lose the files during reinstall the app process after uninstalling it. I am happy that kodi is in the app store on windows 10, but I hope that the file limits in the kodi app can be improved for access to files under xbox one's built in file manager since you can't browser and add them into it from that folder directory since it seems like you don't have access to either folders called videos or pictures or music folder etc.. from kodi's path in U:\users\ directory also it would be great if an path for say the 3.0 USB 4TB drive say like having it as X: drive etc from the file manager or browser was possible I would like to store more than just games and apps in my xbox one say like music for example if that was possible for future versions of kodi on the xbox one.  

since I need to keep it in the games and apps format, which is not Windows 10 NTFS or fat32  based as far as I know, I would of split the formats between windows 10 and xbox one on the drive but at this time the xbox one doesn't let you use both windows 10 format and its game and apps format, since I don't need the full 4TB for all my games or files, but for whatever reason you can't do that, I keep my games that I am not playing on my 4TB drive when I am not playing them, I only use the internal hd for games that I am playing,

again thanks for porting the app to the xbox one looking forward to more future stable versions of it, with more file transfer options including in the future with better internal drive access and maybe 3.0 4TB drive access when formatted in xbox ones's games and app option like an X: drive etc under kodi access to the drive so I can put more than just my xbox ones on it , I have other 2.0 usb 1TB drives in windows 10 format that I can use to transfer my music files etc.. media types from that to kodi internel drive or 4TB drive etc.. just can't add media files onto my xbox one 4TB formatted drive because my xbox ones current limits that they used for their games and apps structure system on it. I hope I explain the Feature Request well, again thanks for the port to the xbox one system,
I do understand that media files can be played  and lunched with vlc or other apps from the built in file manager outside of kodi app, but its not the same as added files into the kodi apps file manager since they both store the media files into different directorys. one xbox ones file manager directory and the other one in U:\users\ path for home folder which it seems to have an limited path only within kodi app, since you can transfer both files either copy or move in both file managers but again it seems strange to have to use two different paths for the same files on the internel HD 500GB drive, again I also would prefer to use 3.0 4TB USB drive but the problem with that is I need to for all those TB's of the game discs that download a lot of GB s for each game, since they all take up a lot of space otherwise I would just use that drive for my windows files if I didn't need it for all those xbox one game discs , but again I wish I could keep music and other files on that drive besides just the games but that's a problem that not yet fixed in xbox ones updates to its system yet.

also since you can add files to U:\users\ home folder path if you could get an working addon for scummvm app for xbox one then you in theory could play your old Lucas Arts games under scummvm with file transferring option, since scummvm is not yet ported into the app store in the xbox one, its an app that can play old games based games in windows, I heard that theirs an game addon app in kodi for it, but I don't no if it would even work on kodi beta app in xbox one, that's the other idea I had for it anyway. the second feature idea besides more file access support in kodi app under xbox one.

www.scummvm.org

that's the Home page for its app that allow old games to be played from windows 10 and linux, again I read some texts online that their was an unstable version of it for kodi for windows but again I think I would prefer the app and game apart from kodi I don't no if it could work under its game addons support in kodi for xbox one or not.
@Maximalprime2 I seriously hope you are still around. I have been discussing my question / problem at below link
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371681

So can you tell me if I can copy my music and video files from a USB into a internal hard disk folder that Kodi can access on the XBox One?. I really do not care if it will remove the files if I uninstall Kodi because I don't intend to do that. All I want from Kodi is the art work and ability to play music and video. That's it. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi support in Xbox one to external 3.0 4TB HD access when Formated for games & apps0