v17 Nodes issue in Krypton
Hi,

Need help with a nodes issue in Krypton. In the past I set up an 'album series' node in userdata/library/music/Album Series with various xml playlists basically to filter albums on various title contents and this worked fine. Decided recently to create 'Record labels' folder and various playlist on record label. But this time kodi doesn't seem to find 'Record labels' under 'music library' mainly in setting up widgets and menu items. I can go to music library and it shows 'Album Series' & 'Music' as options but no 'Record Labels'.

But I can do a custom menu item, via shortcuts, with ActivateWindow(Music,"library://music/Record Labels/",return) and that menu option works fine and opens up the folder with all the playlists.

I've checked skin and shortcuts and can't see any specific setup for Kodi to see 'Album Series' folder, I followed Zags guidelines and it worked first time, but attempting to replicate to 'Record Labels' and Kodi doesn't seen to find that sub-folder?

Anyone got any ideas, has anyone done multiple folders with multiple playlist xmls in each in /library/music and had it work in that Kodi sees all the folders?

I'd like to set a widget to it, to show the labels, but as I can't find it under 'Music Library' then I can't set target in shortcuts so even though "library://music/Record Labels/" works as custom and the widgets displays ok, it doesn't action as target is "".

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike, I may be a little too far into my weekend happy hour but I'm not sure what you want to do. Got an example record lable node?
Hi Dave,

I first created /Ablum Series and then created 17 playlist xmls like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="1" type="filter">
    <label>Back to Mine</label>
    <content>albums</content>
    <rule field="album" operator="contains">
        <value>Back to Mine</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">album</order>
    <icon>L:\Kodi\Icons\backtomine.jpg</icon>
</node> 

This worked fine, I could go into Kodi, and find Album Series and use as a menu option and widget options no problem.

So now create /Record Labels with at the moment 15 playlist xmls like this:

<node order="2" type="albums">
    <label>Hooj Choons</label>
    <rule field="label" operator="contains">
        <value>Hooj Choons</value>
    </rule>
    <icon>L:\Kodi\Icons\hooj.jpg</icon>
</node> 

But when going into Kodi there is no sign of 'Record Labels' as an option, but it still shows 'Album Series'

I recently tried changing node order to  '2' as all entries in Album Series where '1', and changed type from 'filter' to 'albums' but sill no show in Kodi?

Mike.
The subtle syntax differences between smart playlists and custom nodes can catch you out.
So while as a smart playlist you would have a .xsp containing
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
    <name>Record lable EMI</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>EMI</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

As a custom node this needs to be a .xml with
Code:
<node order="2" type="filter">
<label>Record lable EMI</label>
<icon>L:\Kodi\Icons\hooj.jpg</icon>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>EMI</value>
    </rule>
</node>

That is change type="albums" to type = "filter" and it should work.
I'll ask the maybe obvious, did you restart Kodi after creating the nodes? Since you've made nodes before I guess you know to do this.
Have reset to filter, albums was just a test and did break the playlists. Restarted kodi several times and even dropped folders in leia, have version installed as portable and same result with alpha version, just doesn't see new folder?
Mike, which new folder is not shown?
Since you are making a set I guess you have a number of <recordlabel>.xml files, one for each label. You put all those in a subfolder in userdata/library/music e.g.  userdata/library/music/labelset. That subfolder also needs an index.xml file, along side all the label xml files, to tell Kodi how to show that item submenu.
Code:
<node order="4" type="folder">
    <label>Record Label Sets</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicSongs.png</icon>
</node>
is that the issue?
Hi Dave,

Yeah that's it, completely forgot about the index.xml and it never registered when looking into it. All sorted now and thanks for pointing it out.
@Mike_Doc can you add to the Node example thread? I think thats a nice one.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nodes issue in Krypton0