Recurring Donations Limited?
The job you (Kodi) are doing is exemplary.
The service you are providing is invaluable.
I am a Kodi evangelist, spreading the word far and wide to those who can and will appreciate your app.

Yet you are besieged with lawsuits and assaults from well funded people who mistakenly think you are depriving them of yet more money.

So...for myriad reasons, I want to donate. That’s reasonable. Fair. I’ll be doing my part. And it’s needed.

$10 a month seems doable. That’s $120 a year for you. If a 100K of us donate that amount, you’d get $12M. You have millions of users, right? Etc.

I go to make that donation, and no matter what I do I can only donate recurringly $2 a month through PayPal.

WTF!?!

What am I doing wrong?

Because certainly no person or group in their right mind refuses or puts a cap on the money people want to give them.

I did find this note on the donation page, “Recurring Donations are intentionally smaller amounts...” That makes no sense. None. Why are they intentionally smaller? Tax law? Other?

Help me give you money.

Your pal,

/j

BTW, you list me as a Junior Member. This must stop. I am insecure and have low self esteem [sarcasm]. So please make me a Senior Member by fiat.

Make me a god.
You are correct. People should be able to input whatever they want. I'm genuinely not sure what code is preventing that, but will ping around.
Nate Thomas?!? The chief of everything?!?

Shocked

You are doing god’s work.

Continue.
Gods work is building a media player?
May i suggest a workaround where you just donate the annual amount...yearly..? Wink

Regards,

Atreyu
ha ha. Thanks to the efforts of @jez500 we have a fix in. You should be able to donate whatever you like, now.
Thank you!  I was able to initiate my $10 a month.

You are a god, Atreyu notwithstanding.

Please make me a Senior Member, so I can swagger about with my riding crop tucked smartly under one arm.
Dearest Atreyu:

Let's do a thought experiment.

Suppose at the beginning of each year all your bills are paid on the first day of the year.

What problems might arise?

Cash flow problems?
Do you change your mind on purchases?
It doesn't fit with your current financial management scheme?

Discuss.
(2018-04-05, 08:39)Atreyu Wrote: Gods work is building a media player?
May i suggest a workaround where you just donate the annual amount...yearly..? Wink

Regards,

Atreyu
It's God's work, BTW.
(2018-04-06, 00:42)Jayguenon Wrote: Dearest Atreyu:

Discuss.

No.
You must be fun at parties.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recurring Donations Limited?0