Update from Kodi 15.2 - Fast Forward Issue
Hello,
i have been used OpenElec since March 2016 on a Raspberry 3b. With Kodi 15.2. 
Overall, it went very well. 

I have now a brand new Raspberry Pi 3b+. Finally with Gbit LAN. So i have reinstalled all to get a updated system.
I have  buyed a mpeg License. It is Enabled.
I have installed the newest Libreelec 8.2.4 with Kodi 17.6.
I have also tested with the newest Beta (7.4.2018 with Kodi 18) without changes in the issue. Also i have tested with Openelec without changes in the issue.

I use Kodi to Record Live TV to watch later. (With TVHeadend). I use an external HDD on the USB Port. 

I have issues with Fast Forward. I use it to watch Motor Race (Formula1) in Fast Mode. So I do not miss anything. Skip is no option, if i skip 30 seconds, i miss for example pit stops.
I have made two Videos.
Openelec with Kodi 15.2 (32x with good refresh rate)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k2qbola4kkfiezd43
Libreelec 8.2.4 (Kodi 17.6) with 16x (Standard Settings with Aeon Nox Skin. I did not find Fast Forward Mode on Estuary). 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yjtmeac34ebusxys2

I have posted before in libreelec Forum. But this is not a Libreelec problem. I think it is a general problem on the Raspberry?

I have now found out that 
Disabling "Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer"
(This is the standard setting in LE) (Same settings as in my Videos).
It will not work smooth. It has a bad refresh rate. 

Enabling "Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer" 
FastForward will not work. After a few seconds the Video freeze. Sometimes the Raspberry crashes but often the Video starts from the freezepoint. 

Disabling "Allow hardware acceleration - MMAL"
The CPU load increases highly. But my Raspberry has no Problem (even with HD Movies)
FastForward will be work very good!

I have read several posts about the problem. But have not found a solution. Mostly is the answer: "Use Skip". But this is no option to me.

Is there a chance to get Hardware Decode work with Fast Forward? What is different from Kodi 15? 
What can i do to help out with this problem?

Regards
Blondie
Can you post a sample video (not a video of you fast forwarding, but upload the actual video file you are fast forwarding through). It only needs to be a few minutes long, maybe 5 minutes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,
the Sample Video is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZMjvDF...sp=sharing

It happens on all my Video Files. I have also tested a DVD (it is unencryptet and copied to HDD). With hardware acceleration FastForward stumble without hardware acceleration FastForward will run smooth.

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Blondie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from Kodi 15.2 - Fast Forward Issue0