Folder tree in "Field" menu item?
Hi all,

I've added a Film source within Kodi (17.6).
When I go on Video->Folder, I can see the correct Tree within the main Film folder:

Instead, once I access them from the Film menu item, I can see all film listed, without any tree:

Having lots of film, I'd like to "filter" them using folder, even in the Film section.
How can I do it?

Thanks
The videos > files route is the "raw" files on your disk (or wherever they're stored), whereas the "Films" one is the library view, which is designed to show everything in a flat format (although you can use movie sets (wiki) to group series of films together).

What you can do is to set up alternative video nodes (wiki) which you can use to filter things via a variety of options (year, genre, storage location, tags etc - see the wiki entry for more details) or alternatively there should be a number of preset options already available for that general films node (look in the blade menu for example (press left when viewing the page to open the blade menu)) or in some skins in the sub-menu below it on the main display menu.

Alternatively you can do something similar with a smart playlist (wiki), which is a bit different to set up but has a similar usage case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Also, if (from your first screenshot) you're planning to move your film files into the "Viewed" folder after you've watched them, you're gonna have a mess of a time with the library later on.
(2018-04-17, 17:03)runningnaked Wrote: Also, if (from your first screenshot) you're planning to move your film files into the "Viewed" folder after you've watched them, you're gonna have a mess of a time with the library later on.
That's my intent! Why a mess of time?
(2018-04-17, 21:00)markzzz Wrote: That's my intent! Why a mess of time?
Because every time you change the path or filename of a movie in the library, you break the link and you won't be able to play it again. You then have to re-scrape the movie back into the library. This means you are unnecessarily bloating your databases and thumbnail cache's, as well as creating extra work for yourself.

If you want to hide Watched items, then use the display toggle called All Videos / Watched / Unwatched ... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sideblade_Menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder tree in "Field" menu item?0