Android Unable to sideload Kodi 18 on Sony TV on the latest firmware
Sony has released an update of the firmware with security patches for Android. Since that day all the old apk file that I have been able to install before are not working anymore. The install botton is greyed out. I have then tried to sideload another apk from expressvpn and that one works.

Is there a problem with the signature of the app? I have also tested the latest release kodi-20180416-992b3936-master-armeabi-v7a.apk but still it does not work.

Any suggestions? Are you aware of the problem?
when you see the install greyed out click the action menu button then again to close it then install will be ungreyed and clickable.
I do not have any action button but only cancel and install. I click on home and then back to xplore and indeed the install button was clickable again. By pressing it I get the message App not installed - Exit
the action button is on the remote. you need to click that then again for it to leave the action screen that way it will install will work, if you go back and back in then it will fail because it did that for me also the action button will be ontop of the ok button and it says action menu. it might also work with the guide or discover button but havent tried it, clicking the back button it doesnt like as it resets the screen you basically want to unhighlight then rehighlight it without exiting that way install ungreys.
It worked thanks! But why it does not happen with other newer sideloaded apk? All previously downloaded apk from kodi and not shows the same problem. Is it a bug on the firmware or the apks do not pass some security checks
im not sure its either a. a android 7 bug which should be fixed or b. we need to adapt for it to pass some sort of new check. im not sure im not a developer Smile im guessing its just a bug though as the work around bypasses it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to sideload Kodi 18 on Sony TV on the latest firmware0