Solved Increase size of Date field
Hi @Gade

Is it possible to increase the width of the Date field as shown in the image? Maybe steal a bit of space from the Title field?

The Channel, Title and Time fields have nice buffers around them, but the Date field looks a bit messy.

This happens in the PVR Timers and Timer Rules screens.

Thanks Smile

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would shorten the displayed date itself instead.
For example: use a shortened day name, Wed 25 April and not Wednesday, 25 April.
Hi Karellen.

Thanks a lot for reporting the issue. Especially since I don't use PVR myself.

I updated the windows to make more room for the time and date labels. And they're not centered anymore (don't know why they were). Smile

EDIT: I will push the update to my development repo later today.
(2018-04-19, 03:30)Klojum Wrote: I would shorten the displayed date itself instead.
For example: use a shortened day name, Wed 25 April and not Wednesday, 25 April.

Hi Klojum.

That's also a good idea.

I use this infolabel:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.StartDate]

Where I have no control over the date displayed.
Thanks @Gade for fixing that so quickly. Smile

Only issue I see is that it may not be wide enough...

Thursday, 19 April 2018
Wednesday, 26 September 2018

A big difference in width between those two dates
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I know.

But now the layout makes more sense.
Channel, time and date labels are exactly the same width.
Yes, it is more aesthetically pleasing, but won't the date be truncated again once we enter the months with longer names?
My Signature
Probably yes.

But this leaves more room for the labels and is aesthetically more pleasant to look at. I'm gonna leave it like this for now.

I just pushed an update to my development repo, so you can take it for a spin.
I received the update, thanks.

This is what I see now...

I understand you don't want to fiddle with it anymore, so I won't bug you with it Smile

Is it only the includes_PVR.xml file that needs to be edited? I'll have a crack at a bit of skinning
My Signature
Thanks a lot for the screenshot.

I can see that I forgot to backport the updated time and date header labels (left aligned instead of centered).

Will be fixed in the next update.

If you want to edit the files manually, you need to edit includes_PVR.xml and maybe also includes.xml (depending of your edits).
Remember that all custom edits are overwritten each time the skin is updated.
Thanks @Gade,

I have edited the includes_PVR.xml and simply reduced the Time field and increased the Date field. Seems to work ok.

Not sure if I have allowed enough space, but I can wait until September to see if that is the case Wink

xml file... https://ufile.io/0wmrp
My Signature
Thanks @Karellen

Hehe, sounds great. Smile

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase size of Date field0