Network access Alpha 2
(2018-04-25, 01:52)nikey22 Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 13:16)Klojum Wrote: I use simple Ubuntu pc machines as NFS servers. SMB is probably possible too, but NFS is easier to set up.
So do you keep the NFS server (PC) on all the time?
I could do the same, but I was always thinking it is less costly electrically to keep a simple NAS device on, rather than a full PC.
Thanks.
No, because I simply do not watch stuff 24/7, and I don't believe in keeping up multi-disk RAID5+ solutions just for the heck of it. I also still have a separate PC running a MySQL server, because it's handy whenever a Kodi client starts, it doesn't have timeouts accessing its libraries. But I'm gonna move that to a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Raspbian which boots directly from an external SSD. That should free up part of the electricity bill too, and I can use that PC for other (perhaps htpc) tasks.
(2018-04-25, 02:30)nikey22 Wrote: [Fixed Issues]
- NFS Service would stop functioning after users browsed NFS shared folders from Kodi.
I'm sure plenty of QNap users have the nas for Kodi usage. I never had the NFS service fully stop on an Ubuntu machine. NFS would just act weirdly when the exports settings weren't correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network access Alpha 20