Only see a certain date range of a database
Hi there,

Do you folks know of an addin or maybe a playlist that will only show me files that are a week old, or two weeks old ect...?  I know I can sort but I would like an icon I can click on, and whatever database that icon is connect to, only show me files of a date range of my choosing.  Because sometimes I only want to see new files in a database and not a list of all files.  I looked at the smart playlist feature and it doesn't seem to have this option.  Maybe an addin?

Thank you,
Probably you don't need addons for that. A Smart Playlist can be created to filter only movies that were added recently for example. Most skins have the option to add the smart playlist to the main menu, a submenu or even a widget.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Hmm, just looked and I didn't see anyting about a date range but I'll poke around more.  Thank you.
I just attempted to create a smart playlist just now, and if it can be done, it's not obvious.  Maybe with code it can be done which I don't want to get into since I wouldn't know how.  I'll dedicate more time to it later today to see if it can't be done easily.
I can't see an obvious way to do it so if anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.  Thank you.
Suppose you want a list of movies added in the last 30 days:
  1. Create a new smart playlist with type "movies" and give it a sensible name.
  2. Under "New Rule", choose "Date Added", with the option "in the last", and enter "30" for the number of days.
  3. You can set a limit to the number of movies it will show. If you would use 365 instead of 30 days and limit it to 25, it would only show 25 movies added last year.
  4. You can use any order you want. In this case it would be logical to order it by date added so the latest would be show first.
  5. in the skin of your choice, create a menu item for the playlist.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks, PH-SYM.  I'm sorry to make you go though the trouble.  I looked for date added yesterday but I was choosing 'mixed' as the type of file since I have various type of files in the directory I'm targeting.  Once I selected 'Movie' I do see the date added option.

Again, sorry about that.  Thanks again.
No problem, glad I could help.
Is there any way to achieve this when the resource you are adding is not included in a library?  This is a share on a home server and I don't want to include the files in the share in my library.  I looked quite a bit online yesterday and it doesn't seem like you can.  Some people claim you can but other state the files need to be in the library.  I can make a smart playlist with the files in my library with no issues.

Thank you,
I'm afraid not. Smart playlists make use of data in the library. Without the library you are just browsing through folders on the file server and there is no information for Kodi to combine/filter etc. Perhaps there is a way to change the sort order to show the latest files in a folder first but that's it really.
Yes, we currently sort our files by date which works.  We just have to sort past the folders and then to the files to see the most recent files in the list.   Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only see a certain date range of a database0