Kodi with EventGhost
I've been using EventGhost with Kodi since 2012 and it seems every 3-6 months EventGhost flakes out and stops working. This has happened on 3 different machines and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar things happen?

Also, do you recommend anything other than EventGhost?

Thanks for the help.
" EventGhost flakes out ", isn't as descriptive as possible. It just stops, get's corrupted, crashes your o/s, or just doesn't bring Kodi to the fore? It's possible code is overwritten by something you use/install. Fly a debug log to a paste-bin let's have a look for anomalies in your Kodi set-up.
The program just stops responding to button presses for no apparent reason. I can load a known working profile and get nothing, it just makes no sense. This has been going on for years, just out of the blue it'll stop working.
Not going to berate widows, we do that enough these days. Would a complete shut-down and retart of the computer/device bring joy? Or has this been coruppted to the point only a re-install will handle the fix? Might want to look into application data, save off the settings for EG and try an injection should you run into this again.
Windows is fine, it only seems to be EventGhost that flakes out.

For instance, I've spent the last 2hrs working on this, reinstalling EventGhost and adding profiles back in with nothing working. Walked away for a few minutes then came back to try again. Cleared everything out and readded the known working profile and it's now working. No rhyme or reason but it's now working. This happens every 3-6 months.
I don't use the program, so we'll have to wait for others to chime in. http://www.eventghost.net/forum/
I've used it for years, with both windows 7 and then windows 10. I occasionally have issues, one year they were random like yours -- and it ended up being my USB port on the motherboard I was using that was flaking out, nothing software related at all. The second time I've had issues, and still have issues, has been after my windows 10 upgrade but it hasn't been EG itself this time either -- for some reason the remote service in windows decides I don't have an MCE receiver plugged in and nothing will convince it otherwise short of a reboot (restarting the related service does not do the trick).

To me it sounds like you're having the same problem I was -- try a plugging your receiver into a different port and see if that helps. You might be having HW issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi with EventGhost0