Win Copying userdata folder from old PC
Copying userdata folder from old Windows 10 PC to usb stick to new Windows 10, a dialog box pops up which reads: 
Quote:1 Interrupted Action

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file.  If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system
And the file is settings.xml.

How do I proceed towards a successful transfer of Kodi settings from my old PC to my new PC?
This is a MS system error 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...08db087a71

There's a number of ' settings.xml ' files within Kodi, but in the userdata folder they all fall into the addon_data, my suggestion is to copy all the folders except that one, then manually make a new addon_data folder in the correct path and copy each entry individually and see which setting file is the issue. Delete the offender (if it's not locked), it's likely to be a problematic corrupt add-on.
Well Kodi seemed able to startup fine without that file being copied from the old PC, only this time I copied four levels up from the userdata folder up to the XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p folder.   When I just copied the userdata to userdata, Kodi startup would hang.  But when I copied from XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p to XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p and told it to skip the files it couldn't copy, Kodi startup came up with an environment familiar to what I'd seen on the old PC.
In most cases, the settings.xml file from add-ons are re-built in default mode if there's isn't one already present (There's so many add-ons available, I couldn't genuinely say all). You may still run into an add-on that will give issues, but it should not bring down the works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying userdata folder from old PC0