JSON Navigation command
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to this forum and still learning when it comes to JSON and Kodi so any help would be appreciated.  I have been setting up some JSON commands in IFTTT and have got most of them to work so far. I have set up navigation commands to move right, left, up and down, but I would like to be able to navigate by more than one step for example to move right 3 (three steps).  If I'm using the following commands how can I amend them to achieve this?

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Left", "id": 1} – left
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Right", "id": 1} – Right
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Up", "id": 1} – Up
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Down", "id": 1} – Down

Thanks
(2018-04-29, 06:35)jen wren Wrote: I'm a newbie to this forum and still learning
Then please also learn that adding "Help please" in your topic titles is totally redundant here. Smile
We'll help people wherever we can, provided they submit the right amount of information to solve the issue at hand.
Sorry was just trying to indicate that assistance was needed.  What additional information would assist with my question?
Well, I'm not a JSON guru at all, so others will have to do those honors.
It's Sunday morning here in this area, so give it a bit more time. Sleepy
Just send Input.Right three times. Input.(Right|Left|Up|Down) commands do not accept any parameters.
thanks
Thank you for your reply.  I am trying to control kodi using my google home,IFTTT and json.  So just to clarify I now understand that these commands cant have parameters, but are you saying that I can achieve the same thing by repeating the action in the command line?  If so how would I structure this?  For example if I set up and IFTTT applet for move right three spaces how would I structure the json command in the body of the applet?  Sorry to seem a little dense but I'm new to the whole json thing and still trying to get my head around it all.

My current applet to move right (which works fine) has the json command as:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Right", "id": 1}

would the new applet to move right three spaces be:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Right,Input.Right,Input.Right", "id": 1} or do your mean repeat the whole command three times?  Could you possible show me how to structure this.
Just make three separate requests. One request can have only one action.
thanks for your response

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON Navigation command0