Solved How to configure dlna (upnp) in Kodi 18?
I've re-enabled UPnP in the settings but still I cannot see my server, it used to work before this latest version. I'm using Windows Media Player to share my Library, maybe that doesn't work anymore?
(2018-10-06, 00:57)BesterH Wrote: I had the same problem.  It's still there but when you install leia, kodi turns it off (pretty crappy to change settings).  Go to settings, services, UPnP/DNLA and turn on the features you need.  Do this to the all your versions of leia running on all boxes.  Then when you go to add videos you'll see the UPnP in there like before.
Thank you so much for this simple fix. I too was stumped as why the uPnP was turned off after the upgrade. I like things they way they worked for me, even if others think there may be a better way. Kudos to you!
@SonnyTheMoney

In case you haven't got the hang of quoting yet...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-06, 00:57)BesterH Wrote: I had the same problem.  It's still there but when you install leia, kodi turns it off (pretty crappy to change settings).  Go to settings, services, UPnP/DNLA and turn on the features you need.  Do this to the all your versions of leia running on all boxes.  Then when you go to add videos you'll see the UPnP in there like before.

Great answer (unlike the other ones ;-)). Thanks!
(2019-04-06, 03:56)skris88 Wrote:

Great answer (unlike the other ones ;-)). Thanks!
Im a bit confused, in this thread it states that the dnla and kodi library wont work at the same time but ive seen videos where someone has their movie library up ans then will pull up and option to send the movie to various parts of their network. Im obviously confusing something or some context, any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure dlna (upnp) in Kodi 18?0