• 2(current)
Android Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightlies
Nvidia Shield TV
Auto framerate not switching

kodi Log
https://paste.kodi.tv/hiyacelelu
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2018-05-13, 22:31)Blurayx Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/hiyacelelu

I do not see any video playing in that log.
(2018-05-13, 23:17)Rechi Wrote:
(2018-05-13, 22:31)Blurayx Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/hiyacelelu

I do not see any video playing in that log.  
I can assure you I played two media files.
new Kodi Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/lirumiqiru
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
It's blind fritsch day today - which file did you play?

Make sure your resolutions (we found all of them) are in the whitelist
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-05-14, 12:21)fritsch Wrote: It's blind fritsch day today - which file did you play?

Make sure your resolutions (we found all of them) are in the whitelist
12 Monkeys & Haunted House.
Can you please explain what is a whitelist
Thanks
The Whitelist is the list of resolutions and refresh rates (available in your system) where Kodi can switch on to when play a content.

Kodi will only goes to switch if the exact resolution and refresh rate is matched in the whitelist, otherwise match the desktop resolution (and refresh rate).

Example:

Kodi setted to 3840x2160 at 60 Hz
Content is 1920x1080p at 24 Hz

If you Whitelist "1920x1080p at 24 Hz" Kodi will go to switch to 1920x1080p at 24 Hz, otherwise (1920x1080p at 24 Hz NOT whitelisted) the content will put in play at 3840x2160 at 60 Hz.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
(2018-05-14, 16:22)Blurayx Wrote: 12 Monkeys & Haunted House.
Can you please explain what is a whitelist
Thanks 

Still not seeing where you are playing a movie in your debug log. You may be playing something, but the log doesn't reflect that.

And a whitelist, basically is like a guest list where you have names of people that are allowed in. As apposed to a blacklist where you would have names that you wouldn't allow in.

In terms of Kodi, the whitelist is a list of resolutions/frame rates that Kodi is allowed to switch to. If those resolution/frame rates aren't selected then it is not allowed to change.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
"As apposed to a blacklist where you would have names that you would allow in." Not with my blacklists Smile
(2018-05-14, 19:57)davilla Wrote: "As apposed to a blacklist where you would have names that you would allow in." Not with my blacklists Smile
*NOT* - fixed.  That's because you'd let everyone in. Big Grin
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Tinwarble @outcave @fritsch @Rechi 
Thanks for your help Smile

I didn't know about the whitelist feature. After highlighting my whitelist auto frame-rate switching is now working.
I did have an issue. with my Denon AVR 7200WA amp, i/p scaler enabled but when I disabled it. Everything is working great  Smile
i/p scaler enabled
It does not understand the YUV the shield is sending in it seems.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My sympathy to the mods who will have to explain a thousand time why refresh rate switching doesn't work as it used to, anymore Wink
It's in the display section, it would be easier to spot in the player section, right after enable frame rate switching
(2018-05-15, 08:29)Koying Wrote: My sympathy to the mods who will have to explain a thousand time why refresh rate switching doesn't work as it used to, anymore Wink

Oh boy.
I wonder if there is a way for some supported resolutions/framerate combinations to be whitelisted by default, eg if Display/Resolution is set to 1080p then whitelist by default all supported 1080p refreshrates.
(2018-05-15, 08:56)host505 Wrote:
(2018-05-15, 08:29)Koying Wrote: My sympathy to the mods who will have to explain a thousand time why refresh rate switching doesn't work as it used to, anymore Wink

Oh boy.
I wonder if there is a way for some supported resolutions/framerate combinations to be whitelisted by default, eg if Display/Resolution is set to 1080p then whitelist by default all supported 1080p refreshrates. 
I don't understand why......
You are able and free to whitelist what you want by yourself.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightlies1