• 5(current)
Android Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightlies
oO
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Lol.... and there I was trying to figure out why my auto refresh rate no longer worked.
I think you might have to rethink before you roll this one out.
(2018-07-01, 08:31)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-05-15, 03:24)Blurayx Wrote: @Tinwarble @outcave @fritsch @Rechi 
Thanks for your help Smile

I didn't know about the whitelist feature. After highlighting my whitelist auto frame-rate switching is now working.
I did have an issue. with my Denon AVR 7200WA amp, i/p scaler enabled but when I disabled it. Everything is working great  Smile
i/p scaler enabled
ImageImage
Solved my issue.
I changed the Nvidia shield HDMI output from Re2020 to RGB 709. Any other settings work apartment from Rec 2020.
The Denon AVR 7200WA amp does a much better job at upscaling than my LG 65B7 OLED 🙂
I am now convinced it’s a Kodi issue. Because previously I never had this problem with Rec 2020(Nvidia recommended settings) before the whitelist was implemented.  
@fritsch 
Rec2020 now working with my Denon AVR 7200WA amp with upscaling enabled using the latest nightly build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...64-v8a.apk
As I suspected it was a Kodi bugCool
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Did not see a fix for this ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can’t seem to get mine working right on my Nvidia Shield. I’ve enabled all 2160p refresh rates in the whitelist. It doesn’t have 50fps or 60fps for 1080p in the list so can’t enable them but I have enabled 23.98fps. My problem is, it is switching, but not always to the correct frame rates. 4K 50fps tv shows switch to 25fps, and 1080p 23.98fps movies or tv shows only switch correctly if I enable 1080p in the whitelist but my understanding was if only the 2160p resolutions were enabled, it should still switch to the correct frame rate?

I’m ok with having the 1080p stuff enabled so my main problem is, if I play a 4K 50fps show it switches to 25fps and if I play a 50fps live stream, it doesn’t switch at all. Any one with any ideas? Thanks in advance.
In my previous post #59, I mentioned my Whitelist was grayed out and could not access it.
In the latest nightly build of kodi-keia (kodi-20180723-64a79f3e-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) the whitelist is now visible.
However, the whitelist only contains 1920x1080p @ 60Hz. (and every video plays back as this)

My TV is also capable of 1080p50Hz and 1080p24Hz... so is there any way I can add these to the whitelist?
After updating to the latest nightly today, it looks like the 4K 50fps stuff is switching correctly now. So now it seems that my problem is, if the resolution isn’t whitelisted, even if the correct FPS is, then it doesn’t switch at all. Problem is, 1080p 50/60fps aren’t in the list, so if I’m playing a 1080p 50fps live stream it doesn’t switch and I get jerky playback. Shouldn’t it still match the FPS, even if it isn’t switching the resolution?
For those with AMLogic hardware you are only going to get working Whitelist / Refresh switching if you use hardware that already has working auto refresh switching when using the already existing Kodi Krypton releases:

That hardware being:

- WeTek Hub & Play2
- MINIX U9
- plus AML S8xx / S9xx hardware running LibreELEC / CoreELEC - Kodi Leia.

Using the latest Leia nightlies, auto refresh switching combined with Leia's Whitelist is now working reliably. Smile

So does it not work reliably on the Nvidia Shield then? Because it doesn’t seem to be working reliably for me.
(2018-07-25, 18:21)wrxtasy Wrote: For those with AMLogic hardware you are only going to get working Whitelist / Refresh switching if you use hardware that already has working auto refresh switching when using the already existing Kodi Krypton releases:

That hardware being:

- WeTek Hub & Play2
- MINIX U9

Using the latest Leia nightlies, auto refresh switching combined with Leia's Whitelist is now working reliably. Smile

Thanks for the explanation wrxtasy.
I have an MECOOL M8S PRO  s905X Android 7.1
I have just tried your TEST  of Libreelec Kodi Krypton 17.6 as found here  https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12325-...#post94119
Everything works fine, auto-frame switching is perfect...and Dolby Digital (AC3) passthrough works.
But I want to TEST Kodi 18 Leia.... do you have a link to an image I can test.? Thanks.

UPDATE:

Found "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.5.img.gz" and tested on SD card.
Whitelist contains all the 1080p framerates....and it now auto-switches perfectly as required.
Dolby Digital (AC3) passthrough works.
Ethernet works.
So I'm quite happy using CoreELEC.
However,  WiFi does not work...and the MECOOL M8S Pro remote does not work (but the A2 Lite remote does)
(2018-07-25, 18:21)wrxtasy Wrote: For those with AMLogic hardware you are only going to get working Whitelist / Refresh switching if you use hardware that already has working auto refresh switching when using the already existing Kodi Krypton releases:

That hardware being:

- WeTek Hub & Play2
- MINIX U9

Sure? I've tested last CoreElec build and It is impossible to reproduce this video at 2160p@60hz, HDR, 10bits

Code:

Sony HDR 4K 10bits 60fps 
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name                          : HDR10
Format profile                           : Main [email protected]@high
Codec ID                                 : hvc1
Codec ID/Info                            : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration                                 : 1 min 26 s
Bit rate                                 : 71.4 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 114 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 59.940 (60000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                                : 10 bits

In whitelist I've selected all 2160p option and only 1080p@30hz-24hz. Autorefresh rate is activated "on start".
If i try to play it... dark screen. If i deselect 59hz option in whitelist, the video is played but at 1080p@60hz, HDR, 8bits. BUT! i can manually select 2160@60hz. Strange 
In your previous Kodi 17 build, video is played perfectly at 2160p, 10bits, HDR, with ALL in automode (It's perfect!!)

By the other hand, 10bit is no activated by default. i thing that CoreElec/Libreelec 9 have some bugs.

@wrxtasy we need your Leia 18 build!  Big Grin
Quote:59.940 (60000/1001) FPS

is NOT 60 hz.
(2018-07-28, 18:46)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:59.940 (60000/1001) FPS

is NOT 60 hz. 
So, how do I get the black screen if I have that resolution supported? The TV supports it because in Kodi 17 it works perfect.

And then manually admit that resolution?

I will try to upload the log.
Once again: We auto switch IF the refreshrate matches. On AMLogic devices the fractional refreshrates are hacked together, means: the blackbox decides on the video content if it should switch to 60 or 59.9 hz internally, while it only announces 60.0 hz to kodi and therefore kodi won't switch 59.94 fps content to a 60 hz refreshrate - this would kill PT and the wining party would be perfect once again.

Therefore: Fix the root cause. If the AMLogic box supports 23.976 / 59.94 / etc. properly announce those modes and stop relying on a kernel hack based on video fps to correct the modeline.

For the rest of your comments: I can only explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you. V17 uses tons of code hacked together for amlogic devices nowhere near in kodi - as a user you don't know that - but the same "hackers" should provide you this functionality for v18 and for v19 and so on ... perhaps after that they realize that everything would work out of the box - if it would be done using a standard and not the quick two liner hack in an outdated amlogic kernel.
(2018-07-28, 09:56)atomizasser Wrote: By the other hand, 10bit is no activated by default. i thing that CoreElec/Libreelec 9 have some bugs.

@wrxtasy we need your Leia 18 build!  Big Grin
I am not even going to discuss CE Alpha software in an Android sub forum.
Ask the CE guys to fix 2160p fractional display modes on S9xx devices if that is what you are testing on.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightlies1