Solved Can not scrape certain shows..
I've brought this up a few times over the past few years.. I can not scrape some shows... and its getting worse.. I have 337 tv shows.. all with every season of every episode.. totaling close to 12,000 episodes. The more shows I add the more the tv scraper breaks.

If for example I refresh 12 monkeys, so I can update its actors from new seasons.. it vanishes.. not only that but it causes a different show to show up as 12 monkeys.. Ive been dealing with this for quite some time and this is like the third time Ive mentioned this.. but each time I do.. essentially I'm patted on the head and slapped on the ass as I'm shown the door.. in other words it's always made to seem like its my fault.. but is it?

The reason that brought me here is the new season of 13 Reasons Why, for some reason it simply will not scrape.. no matter what.. same with new season of Humans.. as well as 2 other shows I cant think of right now that Ive been adding .nfo files manually for.. (I collect 337 TV shows) and the response I'll get is.. someone will say.."well.. I can scrape that" thus immediately dismissing the entire issue as my fault some how.. I love you Kodi programmer guys.. I sincerely honestly do.. but please help me out here? My tv shows have been being added since Pre-Froto is that the issue? Ive deleted every single .nfo file and let kodi export new ones but that never helps. Ive re-built my DB countless times with newly exported nfo files due to this very issue and really just want to solve this..

What should I do? Re-scrapping 337 TVShows with close to 12,000 episodes is a horrific undertaking.. especially with my crappy wifi.

any advice will help.. I can't be the only on on the planet dealing with this issue?

I use the tvdb scraper the one kodi gives you to scrape tv shows.. and always let it update at will.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2018-05-19, 01:46)ShadowTek Wrote: well.. I can scrape that" thus immediately dismissing the entire issue as my fault some how.
I can scrape those shows Wink So, not your fault... but something happening on your install.

(2018-05-19, 01:46)ShadowTek Wrote: My tv shows have been being added since Pre-Froto
Possibly yes. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588

The new v2.0 API uses different API Keys and a different format <episodeguide> url. So if you have had these tv shows in your library since before November 2017, then the old redacted <episodeguide> is stored in the database. So every time you "deleted every single .nfo file and let kodi export new ones" you will still have the same problem as it is still exporting the same <episodeguide>. The above thread details how to overcome them. But as a test pick one small TV Show that does not update. Remove it completely from the library. Delete ALL the nfo files for that show especially tvshow.nfo and rescrape. Does it now import?

Another error is that you have switched scrapers from, say, TVDB to TMDB. The show has the original TVDB <episodeguide> URL but now you are using TheMovieDB for TV Shows scraper, but using the original TVDB <episodeguide> URL to access TheMovieDB.

Let us know how that test works out. If it does, there is no need to re-scrape all shows, it is a simple matter of updating the <episodeguide> entry as detailed in the above thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK thank you for the response.. before November 2017? yes a ton.. so I'm screwed yes?  OK.. first.. can you tell me the Kodi recommend tv scraper to use.. the default always good to use one from Kodi itself.. I had a bad feeling about this.. but your link made clear the issues I'm having.. Ive been collecting tv shows for a long time.. never re-scraped them.. don't think I ever switched from TVDB but first shows were defiantly from an imdb tv scraper.. back when they existed.. but then they are old shows.. I'm screwed yes? I have to scrape 337 tvshows with 12,000 episodes.. not sure thats even posible with my wifi.. that would take what a day or something.. on a good connection? (Its like scraping 12,000 movies)
Logo's Made So Far:
Can I assume you ran that test and it did import the new episodes?

The default TV Show scraper is TVDB... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ws#TheTVDB

Nope, you are not screwed. Don't need to re-scrape all the shows. Just need to update the episodeguide url. Are you comfortable editing the database?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Note...

This is only a problem with TV Shows that you add new episodes to. If you have tv shows that are...
1. complete (you have all the episodes) and
2. you have NFO files for the show and episodes

Then you don't need to update the guide.
My Signature
(2018-05-19, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: Nope, you are not screwed. Don't need to re-scrape all the shows. Just need to update the episodeguide url. Are you comfortable editing the database?
 OK thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: Never mind, I see how to do it.. thanks for the help..
Logo's Made So Far:
For the record (As just to report back) this solves the issue so thanks.. I'm using a sql db editor and changing all of my shows with the new guide.. whew.. up to 90 shows fixed..ways to go yet lol

EDIT: And finished!! Really glad I asked about this again.. turns out I had a few shows that had no episode guide at all (thus explaining all previous posts on why weird stuff would happen when re-scraping a show) I even went back and re-scraped shows that would vanish and then screw up the whole database and they re-scraped like a charm.. of course my head feels like its gonna explode after hours of fixing that field for all 337 tvshows in my database, but was worth it.. yeah!!
Logo's Made So Far:
Good news. Great that it is fixed.

I'll move this thread to metadata scrapers forum.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not scrape certain shows..0