Solved Home Screen - Videos Menu Item - & Home Videos
I like how the movies tab on the home screen takes you right to Movies. The shows tab takes you right to TV shows. However, when I use Videos, I want it to go directly to my home videos folder. For some reason, I cannot get there. It currently is taking me to the sources for all three of the above: movies, TV shows and videos {which is my home videos folder.} I want to cut that middle step out so I don't have to select the videos folder. I want from the Home Screen selecting Videos to take me right inside the contents of the Video folder {my home videos}; just like the Movies and Shows tab does on the home screen for movies and TV shows.

Is there a simple step I am missing. Of course, I don't want my home movies to show up in my movies list on my home screen either. What is the best way to do this? I have spend an hour looking, but its not obvious to me yet.
Hello @themusj

That is skin dependent. Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Your so right! Estuary MOD (Kodi 17)
Ok, thanks. I will move your thread there.

This might be worth reading also... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Do you have your Home Movies in a separate source? If yes, then

1. Go to Settings>Skin Settings>Customize Main Menu
2. Click the big Plus sign at the left edge of the screen
3. Choose item for menu = Video Library>Sources>your source
4. Select Create menu item to here
5. Select Files View
6. Enter and back out to the home screen. It should now be an item on the Main Menu

I think that should work. (it did here)
My Signature
Your the Man!!! Excellent and Mega thanks. My wife will be delighted watching our home video's with our kids through Kodi!
You are welcome Smile

I'll mark this as solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen - Videos Menu Item - & Home Videos0