Solved If the profile login screen is active, no language packages will be loaded
@jjd-uk Can you say anything about that extended description?
I've just noticed this: If I copy all IDs from the German language files of the Estuary and Estouchy skins into a new global "resource.language.de_de2", then the texts are displayed, even if I activate the profile login screen and no matter which profile I start once (but first on the login screen itself I see a mixture of German and English labels).

And then it gets strange, because when I log off from a profile (in which all labels were still correctly translated), and then start the same or another profile again, I suddenly see English labels exactly at the places of the labels missing without this copy action, although in the copied language file all labels are translated.

Something seems to get completely mixed up when loading the profiles with using a specially defined language.
Ok, the described problem above only exists if I copy all language files into a complete new language, as in my example that was "German2" (resource.language.de_de2).

But if I leave the copied resources as "German" (resource.language.de_de), then everything works, even logging out and logging in again! So this is a workaround, that I can use it until the bug is fixed.
still not solved in KodiSetup-20180622...
I can repeat this problem.  The labels using the skin language file aren't being rendered.  I've seen some other weirdness lately when switching profiles on nightly builds.

scott s.
If issue can be replicated then can one of you create a Trac ticket for the issue.
Sure.  It's actually trivial to recreate.

Trac is here: Trac #17934

1.  Install Kodi (tested:  18 A3 180623 nightly win64 build).
2.  Start Kodi.  In settings / Profiles set "Show login screen at startup" ON
3.  Exit and restart Kodi.  After selecting "Master profile" no skin strings are displayed in labels.  System/core strings work.

I took a look at logs from a build from last year that I have installed.  What Kodi did back then was

load Kodi core strings
load addon strings
unload old skin
load skin fonts
load strings from skin language resource strings.po file
activate login screen
<<user select master profile>>
load Kodi core strings
load addon strings
activate startup window
activate home window
unload old skin
load skin fonts
load strings from skin language resource strings.po file
load new skin

While what we currently do is the same except after activate home window we don't unload/load skin.

scott s.
Thanks @scott967

I was able to replicate that also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-25, 05:15)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @scott967

I was able to replicate that also.
 What's the status here?
I can confirm and replicate the error to 

A work around fix I have found is that if after changing profiles and loosing all the labels on the screen ( I use confluence) if I change the skin to anything else, then back to confluence it works. ( granted it is tricky to do as you can read the menu options ) but have it in memory muscle now
@rainman74

What is the meaning of deleting the text of your own openings post? No, we are not going to simply delete posts/threads on this forum. Also, moderators can still see the original/previous text contents.

So if your problem was solved, what is the use of deleting your opening post?
@rainman74

FYI: the thread has been re-opened. I'm not sure why or how it got closed (it wasn't me, hehe). It's not our usual policy to close threads.
(2018-12-01, 17:17)Klojum Wrote: @rainman74

FYI: the thread has been re-opened. I'm not sure why or how it got closed (it wasn't me, hehe). It's not our usual policy to close threads.
The reason for the deletion was that I had already reported the error half a year ago and nobody was interested in it. So I gave up and wanted to delete my bug report :-(

By the way, the bug has not yet been fixed.
(2018-06-16, 00:37)rainman74 Wrote: So we can put the problem back to my first post here, Kodi simply lacks text labels if you use Kodi with more profiles and then activated the login screen.

To workaround this, you could use a autoexec.py for each profile you are using and fill it with:

python:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('ReloadSkin()')

That should give you the labels back. Be aware, that one autoexec.py has to be placed at the userdata folder and then place the  same file under each folder you have under the profiles folder.

Profiles is unfortunately kind of broken and AFAIK there's noone working on it currently
(2018-12-03, 13:41)rainman74 Wrote: So I gave up and wanted to delete my bug report :-(

Btw, bug reports half a year ago have been handled at our former bug tracker (trakt.kodi.tv) and are now handled at github. See the  "BUG TRACKER" link at the top.

Rage-closing reports won't help anyone. A friendly reminder might probably be more helpful. So please be patient in the future. You never know when someone wiill show some kind of interest in it Wink .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If the profile login screen is active, no language packages will be loaded0