Kodi V16 on Openelec 7.0.1 - TVDB scraper stopped working
I have had a problem for a few weeks where new TV shows would not get their details scraped etc etc.
I finally got round to checking what was going on .. it turns out that in the https api call to api.thetvdb.com I dont see the API key after Authorization=Bearer%20.

I know the versions are old, but they have been working flawlessly for ages now .. maybe it is time to update! But is there anything I can do to fix my current system?

Thanks

Steve
@credulous

OpenElec has stagnated and is missing critical updates, including scrapers which no longer work correctly.

We recommend you move to LibreElec.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the prompt reply, I will give it a try.
@Karellen I have upgraded to LibreElec as you suggested, this was painless and converted my database successfully, however my problem is not solved, and now I see an additional problem with The Movie DB scraper.

So with TV DB scraper - I have exaclty the same error I describer previously, I see https call go out to api.thetvdb.com but there is no api key after Authorization=Bearer%20 .. log says open failed with 401 .. Unable to parse website

With Movie DB scraper - I have similar errors to the TV DB scraper, but I do see and api key in the URL, but still 401 Unable to parse web site.

Let me know if you need me to post logs to diagnose further.

Thanks

Steve
You likely need to upgrade the scraper addon(s). It's possible you need to force-upgrade Kodi's repository first via the slide menu on the left.
If Klojum's suggestion does not work, then yes post the full log which captures you trying to scrape a movie and tv show
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am using the last official SPMC on my shield and the tvdb also stopped working since some weeks. I noticed, that the last version of the tvdb addon in spmc is older then the tvdb addon in kodi v17.6.
Is it possible to use in smpc the newer tvdb addons? Can i update the spmc repository?
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
@mpiet

I don't know much about SPMC, But you could try installing the tvdb scraper via zip... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/

I can't point you to the correct file as I have no idea what version SPMC you are using or which is compatible for you, so figure that out and then look for metadata.tvdb.com/ in the appropriate version folder.
My Signature
My SPMC version is based on Jarvis. I installed the TVDB plugin from krypton, but it still do not work. I tried the same SPMC Version on a android phone with same result. So the issue seems to be located in SPMC and not in the plugin. I will try using last Jarvis kodi release to check if there is the same issue.
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
The plugin in Kodi v16.1 is working fine...
You can also activate the XEM add–on, modify your source and select XEM instead of The TVDB.
Worked fine for me with SPMC on Shield TV.
Could you provide me a youtube plugin and plugins can work in kodi 16.1 to beas zip file to install it manually in my own skin  Shy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi V16 on Openelec 7.0.1 - TVDB scraper stopped working0