• 14(current)
Solved XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion
(2019-01-05, 15:00)Ccd73 Wrote: it seems that disabling "hardware Mediacodec acceleration" and "hardware Mediacodec acceleration (Surface)" in expert mode, fixed my playback problem with AVI. (last Kodi 18 beta). Still testing on other files. Let me know if it fixed to you too  Smile
 That's what I proposed 5 pages back. The testers told me, that this is not the case and it would be as bad as with Mediacodec Surface.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-05, 15:00)Ccd73 Wrote: it seems that disabling "hardware Mediacodec acceleration" and "hardware Mediacodec acceleration (Surface)" in expert mode, fixed my playback problem with AVI. (last Kodi 18 beta). Still testing on other files. Let me know if it fixed to you too  Smile
 Not a fix for me.
(2019-01-05, 23:03)FireInMyHole Wrote:
 Not a fix for me. 
Any other fix you can contribute?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-05, 23:04)fritsch Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 23:03)FireInMyHole Wrote:
 Not a fix for me.   
Any other fix you can contribute?  
 Dude, I'm reporting an issue. We're not all programmers.

Has anyone logged this as a bug yet?
Please use your own thread, my thread here was referred to to MPEG compliant XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 streams in SD quality and that was corrected! Thank you.
(2019-01-06, 18:33)rainman74 Wrote: Please use your own thread, my thread here was referred to to MPEG compliant XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 streams in SD quality and that was corrected! Thank you.
 What do you mean "compliant?" Nothing has been fixed. You had to remux the source file. Surely, you don't think this is a practical suggestion.
(2019-01-06, 18:33)rainman74 Wrote: Please use your own thread, my thread here was referred to to MPEG compliant XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 streams in SD quality and that was corrected! Thank you.
Not YOUR thread. HTH
(2019-01-06, 22:37)Rod Pocket Wrote:
 What do you mean "compliant?" Nothing has been fixed. You had to remux the source file. Surely, you don't think this is a practical suggestion.  
There are standards that define what mpeg4 is and how it has to be encoded. Files following the standard work fine whereas packed b-frames is not standard compliant and therefore fails to decode properly.
Feel free to complain to your scene group of choice.
(2019-01-07, 10:30)wsnipex Wrote:
(2019-01-06, 22:37)Rod Pocket Wrote:
There are standards that define what mpeg4 is and how it has to be encoded. Files following the standard work fine whereas packed b-frames is not standard compliant and therefore fails to decode properly.
Almost no AVIs play since v18.
(2019-01-08, 00:26)Rod Pocket Wrote:
(2019-01-07, 10:30)wsnipex Wrote:
(2019-01-06, 22:37)Rod Pocket Wrote:  What do you mean "compliant?" Nothing has been fixed. You had to remux the source file. Surely, you don't think this is a practical suggestion.    
This is not the case, all compliant AVIs play correctly. I have tested it extensively.
(2019-01-08, 00:32)rainman74 Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 00:26)Rod Pocket Wrote:
(2019-01-07, 10:30)wsnipex Wrote: There are standards that define what mpeg4 is and how it has to be encoded. Files following the standard work fine whereas packed b-frames is not standard compliant and therefore fails to decode properly.
This is not the case, all compliant AVIs play correctly. I have tested it extensively. 
 I don't know why you're being such an obstructive dickhead here, but it's unhelpful. Telling everyone to go hunt down some obscure software and run command line operations on every file in their library because a version of Kodi has broken legacy support is hardly a fix. Please just STFU.
(2019-01-08, 05:44)FireInMyHole Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 00:32)rainman74 Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 00:26)Rod Pocket Wrote: Almost no AVIs play since v18.  
 I don't know why you're being such an obstructive dickhead here, but it's unhelpful. Telling everyone to go hunt down some obscure software and run command line operations on every file in their library because a version of Kodi has broken legacy support is hardly a fix. Please just STFU.

Mr. Dickhead is however completely correct. So cool down, behave, and go fix your avi files
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-01-08, 07:36)Martijn Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 05:44)FireInMyHole Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 00:32)rainman74 Wrote: This is not the case, all compliant AVIs play correctly. I have tested it extensively. 

Mr. Dickhead is however completely correct. So cool down, behave, and go fix your avi files 
Sigh. Looks like we're going backwards now.

Can you please link to somewhere that can clearly explain how to do this?

Maybe it could be put in the FAQ so everyone with this issue can figure out how to process all their vids to make them compliant with this new fangled version of Kodi.
(2019-01-08, 10:59)Rod Pocket Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 07:36)Martijn Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 05:44)FireInMyHole Wrote:  I don't know why you're being such an obstructive dickhead here, but it's unhelpful. Telling everyone to go hunt down some obscure software and run command line operations on every file in their library because a version of Kodi has broken legacy support is hardly a fix. Please just STFU. 

Sigh. Looks like we're going backwards now.

Can you please link to somewhere that can clearly explain how to do this?

Maybe it could be put in the FAQ so everyone with this issue can figure out how to process all their vids to make them compliant with this new fangled version of Kodi. 
Procedure is explained here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2804404

Again this is a change in ffmpeg and not Kodi itself. So do not blame us.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Maybe a stupid question but since disabling mediacodec allows to play all AVI files (but in this case MKV work really bad), is it possible to have a feature that can automatically switch of mediacodec with AVI and switch on mediacodec with other files?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion1