Solved XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion
Work-Around FOUND for stuttering / slow motion video on Amazon Fire TV Stick 2 and Fire TV Stick 1 (Android 5.1.1) .  Incidentally the work-around also eliminates the slow-as-molasses GUI and keyboard navigation lag on the Fire TV Stick 1.

Tested with Kodi Leia 18.1, and 18.2 RC nightly from 4/15/19.

Procedure:  navigate to "Settings >> System >> Display >> Stereoscopic 3D mode / Current" and toggle the value from "Disabled" onto "Monoscopic / 2D"

The work-around is only temporary... if Kodi is exited and started again, you will have to repeat the procedure over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I've noticed about this workaround are that
--changing the Stereoscopic 3D value to any of the other values in the list other than Disabled will temporarily fix the playback issues also.
--toggling from "Disabled" to "Monoscopic / 2D" back to  "Disabled" again still keeps the fix in place as long as Kodi hasn't been exited.
--even if you leave the Stereoscopic 3D mode value on Monoscopic / 2D, the value is overwritten and reverts back to Disabled when Kodi is exited and launched.  I tried moving this setting's bit of XML into advancedsettings.xml but the video issues all still came back on Kodi launch.

Before I stumbled upon this workaround I'd been all around the forums trying folks' custum builds with toggles for disabling mpeg2/mpeg4 etc hardware rendering.

Also tried fiddling with settings in decoderfilter.xml from the Kodi 18.2 RC builds.

Nothing worked for the Fire Sticks except the procedure up top.  I just wish it were more of a permanent fix so I wouldn't have to jump over to Display settings at every Kodi launch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delete please - by Karellen - 2018-10-25, 00:06
RE: XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion - by TheRedeemer - 2019-04-16, 12:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVID/MPEG-4/MPEG-2 files in SD quality play in slow motion1