Bug Problem with music playback on Xbox One
Xbox one x Kodi 18 - Alpha2

Since Kodi update I have had issues with kodi freezing and I can reproduce this each and every time I do the following

Select a Music album select any song from the album and it will play ok, if I then try to jump to another song either on the same album or any other album and try to play that song directly without pressing the stop button first Kodi will freeze every time. If I press the back button or pause first and then select any song it will play fine. I have done a new install and the problem still exists. This only happens on music. It will play any album in full no problem as long as I don't try to jump straight to another track without first stopping the music. Forgot to mention that when Kodi freezes I am unable quit the application as everything is locked so I have to go to xbox home screen and quit the application there. 

I have used the log uploader  and here is the path  https://paste.kodi.tv/azeyurogiq

Regards

David Evans
Moved to music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Unfortuneately I am unable to repeat this issue on Win10, so could be Xbox specific. I also can't see 20180618_51d2435d62 in the Git history, an xbox release I guess, so I'm not sure what commits that includes. It is possible that this problem has been fixed in the most recent nightly, but again I don't know if the most recent changes are available for XBox yet.

I will ask other team members with more Xbox specific knowledge, meanwhile @DaveEvans try a newer build if you can.
I have just done another clean install and only added one album to the music library and nothing else no additional addons, and the problem still happens kodi freezes and locks up if you try and skip from one music track to another without first pressing stop. I don't think I can install nightly builds on a xbox one x I have to wait until it is in Microsoft store although I did sign up for test versions a few months ago not sure if that is working or not. If this is Xbox specific I guess you will pass this info on.

regards
Dave
Yes a few fixes for windows store apps went in recently, definitely try to update to latest nightly.
how do you update on xbox to latest nightly if it is not available in the windows store yet I have not done this if it is possible.
No idea! Your the first person I have ever heard using Xbox one, so a bit of a trailblazer on that one Smile
Have got a temporary solution by setting the option in the Skin playback settings to ( stop playback on return to menu ) this then stops playback and a can then select another track without Kodi locking up. Also installed new update this morning but the problem of Kodi locking up when jumping directly to another track still persists. So still using my solution above
I'll will ask the Xbox guys on the team again to see if they can reproduce this. Sorry for suggesting you get a newer version when you were already on the most recent, I was not familiar with the XBox build SHA to be able to read that from the log.

Your feedback is appreciated, but the dev team is both small and very busy so sometimes things take a while to investigate let alone fix.
Just to let you guys know I have just undated to the lates update last night Kodi 18.0-Alpha3 and I am still getting the same problem with Kodi locking up when jumping music tracks if I do not stop track playback first  as described in previous posting.

Regards

Dave Evans
Post a log file to show us whats happening?

EDIT: Ahh I see you already have
you have already received the log file if you look back at the original posting

Regards

Dave
Sorry just read your up dated comment

Regards
Dave
The issue has been reproduced by another dev and fixed in the next build (sorry don't know when that will get to you vai the release process).
Cheers thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with music playback on Xbox One0