• 12(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2020-01-09, 16:50)Consumer Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 19:37)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 17:24)Consumer Wrote: No worries! I actually figured out a way to swap out the font files for thicker-weighted ones.

I'm curious about a couple of things:

1. The submenu items have .xsp files that correspond to them which I like to customize. I'm stumped on one though. The "In progress TV shows" doesn't seem to have a matching .xsp file. Do you know where it lives?
  2. Is there a way to make other submenus have a layout like that of the "Favourites" submenu? That is to say, all in a grid on-screen and no off-screen scrolling. Is this a limitation?

Thanks for the support!     

It looks like the In progress TV shows widget (which is a default Estuary submenu that I didn't touch) is built using a video node and not an xsp file.  So if you want to customize that you'd have to change the TV Show node.  If you're not familiar with Kodi Video Nodes, here's some info:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

Alternatively, you could modify my mod to use an xsp file for that widget as well.  In xml/Includes_Mod.xml on line 349 you would just need to change the path to an xsp file (and create the xsp file).  You can use line 357 as an example of how to do the path so it looks for the file in the playlist folder of the skin.

As to the layout change of the list, I can't quite decide if it's possible or not.  The widget containers are defined as panels, and the wiki page makes it sound like you could have a panel with multiple rows, but none of the example code showed how you would do it.  If you really want to look at it, you basically need to change all the WidgetList includes in xml/Includes_Home.xml.  Here's the wiki page on the Panel container:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Panel_Container   

I took a stab at changing the playlist location but I think the in-progress TV shows goes a bit kooky when you try to omit a certain show from appearing in it. Nothing showed up. It's alright though.

Also I decided against the panel conversion. It would definitely have to be set per submenu item since having all expanded into panel arrays would make scrolling down take forever.

I really like the tweak you made to the music visualization layout. One thing I noticed that seems to be a regular arrangement in most skins is that the artist is on top in larger font while the track number and song title are small and beneath the album title. Do you think it would make more hierarchical sense to swap the track number/song title with the artist on top? I imagine most would want to know the name of a song before looking for the artist.

Cheers! 

I didn't change the size of those items, just the location.  Interesting, my spouse and I are usually just interested at a glace who the artist is.  Just goes to show there's no pleasing everyone.

'-)
What files would I need to change if I want to change the look of the video OSD. I prefer the video OSD from the estuary V2 mod but that mod skin runs very slow compared to your mod or the original. As I just want ability to change widgets and the video osd from the original.
@DNKK 
MusicOSD.xml
MusicVisualisation.xml
Hello pkscout

Thx for your mod, been using it for a long time now.

I would like an all black color scheme. I mean all black in pitch black, the menu on the left in pitch black and the background to the right in pitchh black.

So I was able to add a black color scheme myself but only git the main background to the right in black by creating a new color scheme black.xml with FF000000 as primary color But the menu on the left seems to have its own diffusing effect, essentially turning my black into a grey... just as it turns any other color scheme in a dark grey mixed with that color... my guess it is a diffusing effect for the home menu which I can‘t locate in the skin.

So my question is, how can I get the menu on the left pitch black as well.

- what is secondary background and what kind of color code is it? It is not the expected FF + 6 digit hex code I was expecting, so I have no clue what code to use there... though I doubt it is responsible for mentioned effect.
- anything default.xml in color folder? It has many more options than the other colors.
- Do I need to edit another xml? Home. xml or includes.xml? I know there are options for the diffusion effects for background images, so maybe somewhere there is also a line that makes the home menu have its additional diffusing effect?

It is nothing you need to add to the addon (unless others want that as well of course), I just need to know what I have to do to make it working for me Wink So far I succeeded created my black color scheme but I just failed to make the home menu pitch black as well.

Thank you in advance )

Nickelig
(2020-01-26, 00:02)Nickelig Wrote: Hello pkscout

Thx for your mod, been using it for a long time now.

I would like an all black color scheme. I mean all black in pitch black, the menu on the left in pitch black and the background to the right in pitchh black.

So I was able to add a black color scheme myself but only git the main background to the right in black by creating a new color scheme black.xml with FF000000 as primary color But the menu on the left seems to have its own diffusing effect, essentially turning my black into a grey... just as it turns any other color scheme in a dark grey mixed with that color... my guess it is a diffusing effect for the home menu which I can‘t locate in the skin.

So my question is, how can I get the menu on the left pitch black as well.

- what is secondary background and what kind of color code is it? It is not the expected FF + 6 digit hex code I was expecting, so I have no clue what code to use there... though I doubt it is responsible for mentioned effect.
- anything default.xml in color folder? It has many more options than the other colors.
- Do I need to edit another xml? Home. xml or includes.xml? I know there are options for the diffusion effects for background images, so maybe somewhere there is also a line that makes the home menu have its additional diffusing effect?

It is nothing you need to add to the addon (unless others want that as well of course), I just need to know what I have to do to make it working for me Wink So far I succeeded created my black color scheme but I just failed to make the home menu pitch black as well.

Thank you in advance )

Nickelig

I honestly don't know. My Estuary mod only touches a little bit of Estuary, and what you're asking about isn't something I've touched or even looked at.  You might consider starting a new thread in the Estuary support area, as whatever answer you get there about Estuary will almost certainly hold true for my mod.
I will do that, thank you Smile
my guess it is a diffusing effect for the home menu which I can‘t locate in the skin.
home.xml

<control type="fixedlist" id="9000">

<texture colordiffuse="00000000">colors/grey.png</texture>
you may be able to do it in default colors

xml:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<colors>
    <color name="primary_background">00000000</color>
    <color name="secondary_background">00000000</color>
    <color name="dialog_tint">00000000</color>
    <color name="background">00000000</color>
    <color name="bg_image">00000000</color>
    <color name="bg_overlay">00000000</color>
    <color name="black">00000000</color>
    <color name="white">ffFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="grey">00000000</color>
    <color name="blue">00000000</color>
    <color name="red">00000000</color>
    <color name="button_focus">00000000</color>
    <color name="text_shadow">00000000</color>
    <color name="border_alpha">00000000</color>
    <color name="disabled">00000000</color>
    <color name="selected">00000000</color>
    <color name="invalid">00000000</color>
</colors>
The Home menu background come from the ContentPanel include, therefore the colourdiffuse on this line likely has to be removed https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1268
(2020-01-26, 20:06)jjd-uk Wrote: The Home menu background come from the ContentPanel include, therefore the colourdiffuse on this line likely has to be removed https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1268

Thank you, that got me on the right track... so while checking the includes.xml I realized that there is actually a texture for the menu... and that it is dark grey and not black... so I used the Kodi texture tool to extract and change it to black... that alone did not do it, I had to change the line you mentioned in includes.xml.... removing the diffuse effect all together broke the skin... maybe I did it wrong but instead of removing the diffuse I changed the transparency level from 93% to 10% in the argb code. Now I have everything in pure black without - hopefully - not breaking anything. Ok the menu is oh so slightly not fully pitch black because I used 10% for now... I will try 5% and 1% soon, I hesitate to use 0% for fear if breaking something again... had to delete my gui multiple times the last 24 hours because the most extreme settings often broke stuff on the sense that I had no gui at all and had to reset via ssh.

Thanks everyone for responding. Learned quite a bit about colors and Kodi skins the past 24h. Much respect to anyone who works on Kodi skins! Estuary is such a fantastic skin and pkscout also did those small little changes that I needed without changing too much. Thx everyone again!
(2020-01-26, 23:26)Nickelig Wrote: I had to change the line you mentioned in includes.xml.... removing the diffuse effect all together broke the skin.

Should be as simple as changing line from:

xml:
<texture flipx="$PARAM[flipx]" colordiffuse="EDFFFFFF">lists/panel.png</texture>

to

xml:
<texture flipx="$PARAM[flipx]">lists/panel.png</texture>

Works here without breaking anything obvious.
Hi, i wonder if there is a way to show artist information in streaming services (e.g. radio). I noticed that when music from my library plays, i can turn on in options to show artist bio. But when i play a radio station (i know that only some of radio stations sends the right info) i see artist slideshow but not artist bio.
Is there any way to show the resolution (e.g. 720p, 1080p) from the player context menu?  That's one thing I really miss from other skins (such as Transparency).
(2020-02-19, 11:28)granma Wrote: Hi, i wonder if there is a way to show artist information in streaming services (e.g. radio). I noticed that when music from my library plays, i can turn on in options to show artist bio. But when i play a radio station (i know that only some of radio stations sends the right info) i see artist slideshow but not artist bio.

The bio comes from Artist Slideshow (which I maintain).  The first thing I would check is to see if you've enabled any of the online services (lastfm or theaudiodb) to provide a bio.  By default AS only uses the bio from Kodi (which only gets populated for music in your library).  In the Artist Slideshow settings go to the ARTIST BIO section and enable the ones you want to use.
(2020-02-19, 17:22)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there any way to show the resolution (e.g. 720p, 1080p) from the player context menu?  That's one thing I really miss from other skins (such as Transparency).
Since other skins are doing it, it must be possible, but my understanding of how the context menu is populated is exceptionally limited.  I think you might have to do that using a python addon (like some of the extended info scripts), and the primary purpose of this mod was to make things more flexible without loading it down with lots of background addons.  That said, if someone shares an easy way to add something like that, I can look into adding it.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0