• 5(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2018-08-31, 07:25)pkscout Wrote: That's the expected behavior.  Changing the menu action changes what happens when you click on it (or hit return).   

Hey PK.
Well, the skin you could look at (if that would help?) is Mimic.
I think it refers to the automatically showing up of the Addons as a "Widget"
Thanks mate,
Mark.
I appreciate the head up on a skin to look at, but the whole point of the mod is to make Estuary a bit more customizable, not create an entirely new skin that sort of looks like Estuary but behaves like Mimic.  I think I see how the Video and Music addons might be added to the right side widget area outside the addons menu, but I need to test to see what problems it might cause.  This is likely the last change I'm going to do for this mod before declaring it feature complete.  If others want to take it up and do more, the mod code is on github and you're welcome to fork it.
(2018-09-01, 05:01)pkscout Wrote: I appreciate the head up on a skin to look at, but the whole point of the mod is to make Estuary a bit more customizable, not create an entirely new skin that sort of looks like Estuary but behaves like Mimic.  I think I see how the Video and Music addons might be added to the right side widget area outside the addons menu, but I need to test to see what problems it might cause.  This is likely the last change I'm going to do for this mod before declaring it feature complete.  If others want to take it up and do more, the mod code is on github and you're welcome to fork it.
Hey PK,
Well there are some things I don't like at all about mimic, like the movie views, none of which are as good as the ones on Estuary. I'm happy with your skin as is, the gadgets thing would be nice but not a biggie. Your work and willingness to help is greatly appreciated.
Tx fella,
Mark.
(2018-09-01, 05:01)pkscout Wrote: .  I think I see how the Video and Music addons might be added to the right side widget area outside the addons menu,
 you can  place the row of add ons on another page
like video addon on tv

v1.1.4 Released
- added video addons widget as option in TV Show, Movie, and Video menu
- added music addons widget as option in Music menu

This mod is now feature complete.  Moving forward I'll be doing bug fixes as needed.  As usual, you can get the update from my skin repo.
(2018-09-01, 19:05)pkscout Wrote: v1.1.4 Released
- added video addons widget as option in TV Show, Movie, and Video menu
- added music addons widget as option in Music menu

This mod is now feature complete.  Moving forward I'll be doing bug fixes as needed.  As usual, you can get the update from my skin repo.
You're a star PK.
I'll install later today.
Cheers mate,
Mark.
Thanks for all the effort - this is exactly the skin I was looking for!
Used to do my menu configurations manually, now it's much more easy to configure the menu.

One thing for the Christmas wishlist:
You said it's "feature complete",so I'm wondering if you can add also "edit categories" to the TV and RADIO section.
Reason is that I'd like to have some music addons in the radio category, e.g. webradio or some video addons in the TV section e.g. "ARD Mediathek".
That would be the 100% solution for me.

Thanks again!
The categories in the TV and Radio sections are hard coded, so there's not really an easy way to edit those categories without using one of the skin addons that let's you do stuff like that.  And that's exactly what I decided to avoid with this mod.  Those addons can really slow a skin down, and Estuary is one of the few skins that works will on low power devices.
Makes completely sense - this is why I don't use Mod V2 anymore.
Thanks again, I stay with your skin!
v.1.1.5 Released
- updates from Estuary 2.0.12 (in Kodi Leia Beta 2)
I do use the latest nightly release on my Rasp Pi of Leia

Thanks for this, and sharing it.

A most welcomed supplement for the already damn good Estuary skin.

As an example of the usefulness of this is the ease of being able to remove categories from just the TV or Movie sections. Removing the recently added TV shows for us is a must, the thumbnails can reveal spoilers...! It might have been more useful if they had designed Estuary to show recently added to a TV show and not an individual episode. If you add 5 episodes, example, from a single series then all of those take up the slots in that view, a swell as the spoiler potential.

Very useful skin without being bloated by too many extra bits which would slow my Pi down.

Thanks Smile
New Release

v.1.1.6
- updates from Estuary 2.0.13 (in Kodi Leia Beta 3)

Available, as usual, from my skin repo.  The changes were pretty minor, and I suspect 1.1.5 would work fine, but I like to try and keep this mod up-to-date with the shipping Estuary version.
Got a favor to ask.. When viewing TV Shows in Poster view, the TV Show in focus does not show the watched count. The other shows do. This is very frustrating. I know this happens with the default skin. I was hoping you could fix it or bring it to the attention of someone who can.
Thank you.
Thanks fella
(2018-10-05, 02:14)pkscout Wrote: New Release

v.1.1.6
- updates from Estuary 2.0.13 (in Kodi Leia Beta 3)

Available, as usual, from my skin repo.  The changes were pretty minor, and I suspect 1.1.5 would work fine, but I like to try and keep this mod up-to-date with the shipping Estuary version.
(2018-10-05, 14:41)thewarm Wrote: Got a favor to ask.. When viewing TV Shows in Poster view, the TV Show in focus does not show the watched count. The other shows do. This is very frustrating. I know this happens with the default skin. I was hoping you could fix it or bring it to the attention of someone who can.
Thank you.
It might be worth posting something in the bug report thread at the top of the Estuary forum page, but at this point in the development cycle for Kodi 18 I don't think it's likely to get fixed.  I don't use poster mode for TV Shows, but it's so glaringly obviously missing that I almost want to say the devs think it's a feature, not a bug.  I'm going to count that as a bug though and issue a fix.  And here it is.  '-)

New Release

v.1.1.7
- fix to show watched count on focused TV Show in Poster View

As usual, available in my repo.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0