Help with library
Directory: Videos-> Files->ALL (it wants me to name it somehow, "videos" inside "videos" sounds kinda stupid, so I named it ALL).
Folders inside the ALL:
->Movies
->Shows
-> Misc (things that don't belong to Movies or Shows).

In the "Movies" there are few "Collections" like Shrek, Resident Evil etc.
I "Set Content" to the entire folder "Movies", to make them show in the Library.
Then later added several single files that don't belong to any Collection.

Now, how in the world can I add those single movies to Library? There is no "Set Content" for a single video. The feature "Scan for New Content" (for the entire "Movies" folder) doesn't do anything. The feature "Change Content" (for the entire "Movies" folder) will process those added files, but it will also process the entire "Movies" folder, replacing all the customized posters and Fanart with whatever it wants.

Alright, I created a new folder for each added movie, named it exactly like this single movie, put the movie file in there, and then "Set Content" for each individual movie "jacket". Seems like a lot of pain to do every time after you've downloaded a movie for watching later and not sure whether you'll keep it. Definitely not enjoyable with a crippled tiny keyboard of a typical remote, not to mention on-screen keyboard.

But wait, there is more.

Some movies in the Collections refuse to "Set Content" - they remain single files or nondescript blue icons of DVD rips with no movie info attached. No Content = movie isn't added to Library.

I don't care about posters - single files are displayed with a movie snapshot that is same informative as a poster. Just don't know why I need a Library with some movies missing. Might as well use the File mode - the only drawback is that the parent folder "Movies" opens with generic blue folder icons - for both Collections and single movies in individual folder jackets. If I were to use Kodi in Files view only, the question is - why do I need Kodi at all. In Win Explorer I can attach picture to folder icon, and for a Collection I open it, for a single movie I right-click Play with VLC.

This is my first library, maybe there is something I'm missing here?
(2018-06-27, 04:59)michaeltu015 Wrote: Directory: Videos-> Files->ALL (it wants me to name it somehow, "videos" inside "videos" sounds kinda stupid, so I named it ALL).
Folders inside the ALL:
->Movies
->Shows
-> Misc (things that don't belong to Movies or Shows).
Nope, you have misunderstood the requirements for setting up the video library. Haven't read the rest of your post as this is a critical error. Please read the Library setup guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with library0