4K video playback - Kodi 17 vs 18 - Extreme difference (Some good, some bad) - Why?
Well I'm back with updates and results:

It seems when I first posted here my setup was not HDR compliant (You can see this by going to my System info above:  HDR Support: Not Supported, Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC ).
That was due to the fact that I connected my PC via HDMI to my Pioneer receiver, and the receiver was connected to the TV via HDMI output.
So it turns out my receiver can passthrough 4K 60fps but not HDR.

So I changed my setup and now everything is connected directly to the TV, and the TV is connected to the receiver via Optical Cable (SPDIF).
I also had to turn on HDR in the TV settings for each HDMI input (PC/Playstation4)

After doing all that, I had hoped the above results will change for the better. Unfortunately, they did not.
Everything basically remained the same. I fiddled with Windows HDR on/off, didn't change much either.

Eventually I went on ahead to try configuring DSPlayer + madVR. It took me a whole day more or less. The guide is huge and there are a million configurations.
Now the above "The Matrix" file works perfectly well in DSPlayer + madVR.
Unfortunately, The same "The Terminator II - Judgment Day" file from above plays *horrible*(!) in DSPlayer + madVR.
Essentially, it is unplayable. Stutters very hard and there is no sound.

So after all this I'm still stuck with 3 Kodi players, each playing some movies great and some horribly Sad
Please help! Why is this so complicated and how come I am the only one experiencing it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K video playback - Kodi 17 vs 18 - Extreme difference (Some good, some bad) - Why? - by Nom1fan - 2018-07-06, 18:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K video playback - Kodi 17 vs 18 - Extreme difference (Some good, some bad) - Why?1