OS X Migrating Library from OSX to Win10
Lightbulb 
I am currently running Kodi v16 (Jarvis) on a Apple Mac mini "Core 2 Duo" (P7350) 2.0GHz (Early 2009/NVIDIA) w/4gb of memory and OSX 10.8.5. My video library is local, resides on 8@4tb external usb drives connected to a USB Hub which are mounted as Volumes on the desktop and are sourced as such from within Kodi. The Macmini is starting to show its age and I would like to replace it with a IntelNUC (new MacMini's are somewhat overpriced IMHO for what you get). My question: Is there a way modify or edit the "source xml file" (not sure at this point on exact terminology) to change referencing OSX volume paths to Windows letter paths? The reason for this is the library is quite large and I am trying avoid reproofing a totally new library scan of Movies/TV and losing my "Watched Status" for individual files.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   Huh
Hello @JimLee

Simply editing Sources.xml is not the solution. It is not that simple. It further involves editing databases and you may not want to do that.

A simpler way is to use the Import-Export function of Kodi. Export to Separate Files and it will place NFO Files next to your movies/tv shows/episodes. Then when you make your hardware changes, re-scan the library from nfo files. You won't notice a difference.

It exports Watched Status, Play Count and Resume Points by default. You will need to make a simple entry into advancedsettings.xml to Import them. All explained in the wiki page. See the link in My Signature below.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks I did not see that in originally looking through the Wiki   Shocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating Library from OSX to Win100