Something is weird with CEC (no splash screen)
Ok, I decided to do a fresh install of Kodi 17.6 on my rooted FireTV 1. I had 16.1 for a long time, but I'm switching to emby as a backend, and it was easier to do with 17.6, so here I am. However, I have weird issues on startup, and sometimes even on video selection. CEC will act up, however I have it disabled on the fireTV. On startup, I no longer get a splash screen. I just see a "no signal" image displayed by my TV until Kodi starts up. And then sometimes when I select a video, the screen will do the same thing.

This is pretty annoying, I have to say. I actually performed an upgrade install of 17.6 from 16.1, and was seeing the same thing. So I did a backup, then wiped all kodi cache/data, uninstalled, and then reinstalled. I only installed Emby and the BOX skin, and I'm seeing the same thing. Since it happens at splash screen, I have a hard time believing it's related to either of these addons.

Some of my TV settings are locked, and I've been completely unable to unlock the settings, so CEC is enabled on the TV, and I can't disable it. Since this is Android, Settings/system/input/peripherals is greyed out, and I can't make any changes. Thanks for any help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Something is weird with CEC (no splash screen)0