Subtitle with different resolution
Hello, I have this doubt for a long time.
The subtitles in SSAs displayed by Kodi have a resolution different from the MPC.
See the differences:
Kodi
MPC
Is there any way to make Kodi's legends the same as MPC's?
Video played is 480p and Kodi is 1080p.
I think the resolution is not different, only the amount of 'shadow thickness' around the subtitle texts.
It's possibly also rendered as per specifications in the SSA subtitle file. So who knows, MPC might be the one displaying them incorrectly.

Can you upload the subtitle file somewhere?
Of course.

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/144ZMK1V...sp=sharing

It's from the Bleach anime. I find the caption displayed by MPC rather than Kodi's. Even streaming the caption appears the same as the MPC.
You have set MPC to ignore subtitle style (Default Style). Convert your subtitle to .SRT and you're done. As an alternative, you can change the style to the one you like in the .ASS file.
(2018-07-20, 17:09)epias Wrote: You have set MPC to ignore subtitle style (Default Style). Convert your subtitle to .SRT and you're done. As an alternative, you can change the style to the one you like in the .ASS file.
 Actually I did not define it, it already came this way. I particularly find it more beautiful the way it displays. Would there be any way to leave it?
Well MPC can overrule style information. Best bet is to alter the .ASS file with, e.g. Subtitle Edit, and change the style information. I see that 'Outline' is set to 3. Maybe change it to 1 and see if you like it that way.
The problem is to edit 1 by 1. There are 64 in all. It's best to let it go.
Anyway, thanks for the support.
If the subtitles files are all the same (style wise), a simple sed command will fix that in a jiffy.
And how do I do that?
This is not easy to answer, as I don't know what the other files look like. Ultimately you just want to batch replace text in a bunch of files. There are many tools to do that.
(2018-07-20, 23:35)epias Wrote: This is not easy to answer, as I don't know what the other files look like. Ultimately you just want to batch replace text in a bunch of files. There are many tools to do that.
 Eu consegui resolver o meu problema.
Eu usei o Notepad ++ e adicionei uma linha de comando no .ass
Então fico do jeito que eu queria.
Mais uma vez, obrigado pela sua atenção.
(2018-07-20, 23:35)epias Wrote: This is not easy to answer, as I don't know what the other files look like. Ultimately you just want to batch replace text in a bunch of files. There are many tools to do that.
 I was able to solve my problem.
I used Notepad ++ and added a command line in the .ass
Then I get the way I want.
Once again, thank you for your attention.
Another thing. How do you edit / delete a post?
Kodi also has a setting to ignore .ass/.ssa subtitle fonts (and use it's own instead), but I'm not sure if that applies to font shadow as well:
Settings/Player settings/Language/Override ass/ssa subtitle fonts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle with different resolution0