function not implemented,not connected to network
Hi 

I'm not very technical minded so please take that into account.

Last Friday night kodi version 17.6 was working fine until I went to access a smb share on saturday night.It says function not implemented and can not connect to network,under network it says connected but it shows my MAC address as blank 00:00:00 etc ...my gateway is blank as well,it says check network settings on kodi,I assume it wont access the SMB as I am not connected to a network,sorry if this all sounds stupid.I just dont know why it stopped working.I didnt change any settings over the past few days,I am having issues using kodi on android on my television,my TV has access to the internet and my PC kodi is working fine,it shows my MAC ,IP address and other information.

is there a way to change the MAC address on android kodi on my television? and gateway IP?

any information would be appreciated
thanks
Apologies this should of being posted in the android forum,also I changed the dns and gateway on my android device,it says connected but still I can't access smb shares,

presumably the smb path is correct after reading numerous posts on this forum.do I have to edit the host file is settings?

it just says the above(first post) smb is turned off in windows 10 so not sure if that would impact it,
sorry for no log file but i assume I can't get one on my android device ? or maybe I'm wrong,

anyway thanks for any advice.
(2018-07-22, 20:05)carter001 Wrote: Apologies this should of being posted in the android forum,also I changed the dns and gateway on my android device,it says connected but still I can't access smb shares,

here is the log file

https://paste.kodi.tv/vowuruwesa
If you post something in the wrong section, just ask a moderator to move the thread. It's easier than deleting and creating a new thread.

19:26:02.909 T:18446744072133695776 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting //DESKTOP-CDS243B:brian/
Is this desktop machine running Windows 10, and has it been updated in some way on Saturday night? If so, it's possible that the machine is now using SMB version 2 or higher. Before the update it probably used the very insecure and outdated version 1 (which also enabled the worldwide WannaCry attack last year..).
With Samba v2+, you will need to have a user account with full credentials (including a password) on your Windows machine.
You may have to (re)create a video source via "Add a network location..." when browsing through the Kodi menus.
Hi sorry for not alerting a mod to move my post I won't make that mistake again (posting in the wrong forum I mean)

Yes my operating system is windows 10 but I don't see any updates on saturday night

OK I really apprecite your help I'll try the above
Thanks
Hi now I'm  getting a connection timeout error.

I added hostname,share folder,username and password to the network location

smb://hostname/share folder

username
password

but I get a timeout error and could not establish a connection to the network server.

I tried accessing a share on my laptop which runs windows 7 64 bit on kodi that accesses shared folders fine so theres an issue here with windows 10 64 bit on my end.

when i generated a new log upload it won't show the log on a new webpage,just a input line flashing,nothing else on the screen.

permissions are set to full control,the folder in question is shared ,network discovery is on, I've tried everything on my end

thanks
Log file
https://paste.kodi.tv/toyejenuwu
Any ideas anyone?

Just to note I contacted Microsoft support and after trying the step suggested I still can't share smb...I can share nfs and unplug n play..on kodi but I'd rather share smb

And also on powershell I checked if smb2 is enabled which it is.

This is annoying
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
function not implemented,not connected to network0