Kodi 18 TV Speakers and Soundbar at the same time
I have an Android TV (Philips 55POS9002 & Sonos Beam connected via HDMI-Arc). When I start Kodi 18 and play a movie, both my TV speakers and the soundbar's volume are on. And from then on my TV speakers stay on even on other apps or while watching cable TV until I hardreset my TV. I only want my Soundbar to be on or else I hear an annoying echo. Is there a way to fix this?
Use pulseaudio and the combined sink, see: https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio

Argh, this was not the Linux forum ... no idea on Android.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can't you just turn the volume down on the TV and leave it there?
(2018-07-25, 11:03)T800 Wrote: Can't you just turn the volume down on the TV and leave it there?
 No unfortunately I can't. The remote controls the volume of the TV and of the soundbar at the same time.
I've never used ARC before but most TV's have the option to turn of the TV speakers in the settings.
(2018-07-26, 09:15)T800 Wrote: I've never used ARC before but most TV's have the option to turn of the TV speakers in the settings.
 This is a Kodi 18 problem. The TV speakers are off for everything else. When I turn off the TV speakers in the settings, I don't get sound through my soundbar either. I have to set it to HDMI-Audio system. But this usually turns off the TV speakers except for Kodi.

I reverted back to Kodi 17, and it's normal again.
Well more accurately it's something to do with the interaction between kodi and your TV, and possibly your androidTV device too.

I run kodi v18 on a shieldTV with a Sonos beam and Vizio TV and do not have that problem. TV speakers are always off, as they should be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 TV Speakers and Soundbar at the same time0