Watched Status location?
Short version:
Is the watched status stored in the database/MyVideo107.db file?

Long version:
Just upgraded to Kodi 17.6 from Frodo 12.2 on Win7 SP1. I had to upgrade in several steps (12.2 => 13 => 15 => 17.6) in order to maintain the watched status database.
After getting to 17.6 I added my media to the library and it scrapped all the media and it created the library of movie and TV content.
So far, so good.
I watched a movie no problem but Kodi started to crash clicking around the interface.
I changed the folder content type back to None from 'Movies' or 'TV'
There was still a few movies lingering in the Movie category which was odd because all my folders had been changed to Content=None
I renamed database/MyVideos107.db to *.old
After starting Kodi all my watched status remained intact (All good)
The residual files under the Movie category were gone as well as the Movie category itself (All good)

I thought the watched status was stored in MyVideos107.db but given that I blew it away and Kodi still remembers what was previously watched I guess that is not the case.

My concern is that I have somehow borked the new install, although things seem fine with the watched list and it appears stable. Should I rollback and start over the upgrade process? I have backups.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
(2018-07-29, 02:11)JamesyTOR Wrote: Short version:
Is the watched status stored in the database/MyVideo107.db file?
Yes. It uses Play Count. If Play count is 1 or greater, then it is Watched... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#files

(2018-07-29, 02:11)JamesyTOR Wrote: There was still a few movies lingering in the Movie category which was odd because all my folders had been changed to Content=None
That won't clear the database. You then need to run a Clean Library.

You should Export your library which will preserve the Watched, Resume and PlayCount data. Then perform a fresh install and rebuild your library by importing, remembering to add the advancedsettings.xml entries as described here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the suggestions. I had done a clean database too, BTW and the files had lingered - it only seemed to correct itself after I renamed the MyVideo107.db and let Kodi create a new one. Any idea how it remembered the status of my watched files?

I will perform the steps you suggested:

1 - Export my Library
2- Uninstall Kodi
3- Re-install Kodi
4- Modify advancedsettings.xml  as described
5- Import my library
(2018-07-29, 02:59)JamesyTOR Wrote: Any idea how it remembered the status of my watched files?
No as I am not really clear on what you did. If they remained, it means the DB was still being accessed in some way.

Your steps are fine but I'll add the following...
1. Use Separate Files option and this will place nfo files next to the movie. This gives you the ability to rearrange files and folders before rescraping if needed
2. Kodi does not need to be removed. Just rename the Roaming\Kodi folder to something like \Roaming\Kodi-old. Kodi will recreate it brand new. See 4.2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...lling_Kodi
3. same for 2.
4. Correct
5. Correct
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your help. I figured out what happened when I renamed MyVideos93.db to MyVideos107.db.old and restarted Kodi, it recreated MyVideos107.db based on one of the previous ones that remained in the directory after the upgrade process, likely MyVideos93.db. That is why my watched status was not lost.

The watched status was all I cared about preserving as I have never used the library or content functions. That said, I didn't go through the re-create process outlined here.

Thanks again for jumping in and confirming where the watched status is stored - much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched Status location?0