set user rating, add to custom playlist & custom navigation
Hi all.

Searched & searched in wiki, forum and kodi's source and couldn't find anything helpful, so maybe someone here got any ideas or tell me if it's just impossible atm.
Solution could be through addon/skin, but i just need a direction here...

1. Like/Dislike button
I want to have a clickable that sets a ''like''/''dislike'' property for media items (specifically tvshows/episodes & movies).
I had 3 ideas for that but none that i currenty know enoguh to implement.
(a) using kodi's native SET MY RATING. eg, like=#defaultnumer(8), dislike=#defaultnumber(3).
Problem is that I could not decipher how to set specific rating value on click. Not through skin nor through script.
Advantage for this method is that i can then filter playlists using that method.
(b) Setting a custom listitem property. Like skinhelper.Like that returns true/false, or something along these lines...
It is my understanding that this external listitem properties are calculated online, meaning, that it is not stored in a db and so not functional for this.
© Setting a "like" tag. this could also be used for playlist which is great, but I couldn't figure out how to set a tag in the first place and then how would i read it in the skin (contains?),
 also wiki says that tags cannot be changed which is not that great for this.

2. Add to list
I basically want to add a video item to mixed media playlist ON CLICK. this should be pretty straight forward. again, didn't find info on how to implement if even possible, maybe through super favourites? The main issue is that i want a button to add to playlist auto with no dialog, this would be a custom playlist that the skin maintains...

3. Custom navigation
(a) Entering dialog info onclick - yeah i know this can be set up by kodi settings. but i noticed in embuary that it does exactly this regardless.
It would be great if i could determine when to enter dialog onclick and when not to...
(b) Return from EPISODE/SEASON LEVEL to dialog info.
So I currently able to get to the season/episode level of tvshows from dialog (with play button), question is, can i get back to dialog with ONBACK?
Maybe through custom window/dialog?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set user rating, add to custom playlist & custom navigation0