Sizing of Icons
I posses a fairly large screen. Kodi menu fonts and add-on icons are both to large for this screen.

It would be nice if I could change menu size fonts AND icon size separated from eachother according to my needs.
Kodi's GUI resizes itself for every screen as per the resolution. The aspect ratio may a little different on 16:10 monitor screens.

Hint: If your TV is still doing "overscan", you will need to fix this in your fairly large TV settings.
Estuary is an adaptive skin to a certain extent, therefore if you don't mind keeping fonts, icons and all GUI elements in proportion then you can force scale the UI up and down.

In the addons\skin.estuary folder there is addons.xml in there is:

Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
        <res width="1920" height="1440" aspect="4:3" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1280" aspect="3:2" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1200" aspect="16:10" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
        <res width="2560" height="1080" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
    </extension>

First back up this addons.xml file some place so you can revert back to the original file.

If you have a Full HD 16:9 aspect ratio screen change this to:

Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
        <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
    </extension>

Then you try adjusting the width/height values, so if you've a Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen, to scale down to make things smaller, therefore this make home screen widgets show more at a time due to icon being smaller.

For example 105% values scales down 5%

Code:
<res width="2016" height="1134" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />

Alternatively 110% values scales down 10%

Code:
<res width="2112" height="1188" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />

Note this is a bit of a hack so it's possible some things might not be perfectly aligned anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sizing of Icons0