1360x768@60Hz not working
Hi,
I just discovered that XBMC has been ported for PC tried installing it on my stationary with a PC-Moniter, which went fine. Then I wanted to do something I had been thinking of doing in a long time; use laptop as media center, and therefor I thought I might as well use XBMC, since its a really nice piece of media center software. However, I can't get 1360x768@60Hz resolution and my TV won't accept normal 720p for some reason. Is there any way I can get the correct resolution? Thanks. Smile
izym Wrote:Hi,
I just discovered that XBMC has been ported for PC tried installing it on my stationary with a PC-Moniter, which went fine. Then I wanted to do something I had been thinking of doing in a long time; use laptop as media center, and therefor I thought I might as well use XBMC, since its a really nice piece of media center software. However, I can't get 1360x768@60Hz resolution and my TV won't accept normal 720p for some reason. Is there any way I can get the correct resolution? Thanks. Smile

I'm not at home at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I was running at 1360x768 without any problems when I was playing with it last night...

However, it wouldn't startup from a default install when my desktop was set to 1360x768. I had to drop my desktop res down (I think I dropped to 800x600) then set the resolution within XBMC to 1360x768, then set my desktop res back to 1360x768 and that fixed my issues.

Maybe that'll help.
sticky Wrote:I'm not at home at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I was running at 1360x768 without any problems when I was playing with it last night...

However, it wouldn't startup from a default install when my desktop was set to 1360x768. I had to drop my desktop res down (I think I dropped to 800x600) then set the resolution within XBMC to 1360x768, then set my desktop res back to 1360x768 and that fixed my issues.

Maybe that'll help.

How did you select that resolution? If I could select 1360 or 1366, then XBMC would be perfect for my uses.

The only settings that I see are the 720p, 16:9, etc. from the setup menu for display.
gooberedup Wrote:How did you select that resolution? If I could select 1360 or 1366, then XBMC would be perfect for my uses.

The only settings that I see are the 720p, 16:9, etc. from the setup menu for display.

...again, I'm not at home, but if you scroll through the resolution settings in the display section, you eventually run into a handful of actual fixed resolution settings, not just 720p, 1080i, etc...

They're sorta buried in there.

For me to be able to actually see those settings, I had to drop my res way down, and then I had XBMC window well off the screen, so I had to drag the window so that I could see the resolutions I was cycling through, and then you can select the fixed resolutions.
Thanks. I'll have to try that. I thought I scrolled through them all, but I must not have. If this works, I'll be loving the HTPC life.
Unfortunately it didn't work for me, however, I tried setting the resolution to 1280x768, which works out okey with some calibration. Still, if anyone know how to get it to 1366x768, please tell me.
Mine just worked as is because thats what linux saw my TV could do then I set the option in xbmc settings to use it and it did
Nothign else was required
Well, I really boogered it up. I was trying different resolutions and picked the 0x0 or whatever. Now, I get a black screen at startup. I know the program otherwise is working fine because I can hear it and blindly navigate things a little bit.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. So, now my search in the forums starts for a solution . . . At least Vista MC works pretty well to tide me over until XBMC gets going again for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1360x768@60Hz not working0