• 34(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-02-12, 16:47)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 13:58)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 05:06)cartman.dos Wrote:  You can add/edit genres but it won't be different than using tags...The question is how to narrow down the condition so that it pulls what you want, and then that it auto-maintains it....
If you're playing from local source, then I guess it would work to set a smartplaylist with rule 'path' contains '<name-of-folder-name-for-nature>', or similar. just make sure its unique so that other unwanted media won't fulfill the condition.

For stand-up (and imdb,trak lists) you can use tag-generator as I mentioned earlier.
it's a great tool that works as a service and tags video with 'standup', so you won't need to add tags manually.
https://github.com/wellspokenman/tag-generator 
Im going to play around with this tag generator you mentioned but genera's and playlists just didn't cut it for me things are entirely left out of widgets and lots of items will be in multiple widgets as well. for example lots of movies are both Action / Adventure I want Mission Impossible to be in the Action widget and want Indiana Jones to be in Adventure if you use genera's then both will be listed in each category a bit repetitive if you have over a 1000 movies and 500 tv shows. Custom tags has been the only way I figured out how to make sure the media is exactly what I want it to be in the widget. The only thing that bothers me my OCD speaking here is that the items listed in the tags are listed in the order in which you scanned them into your library. I would like them to be listed in alphabetical order does anyone know how I can set this up?  
use 'tag' as a rule and 'sort' as whatever you want (random?) in smartplaylists...I agree with you that it is the best way it just needs a lot of maintenance.

Now, if you're organizing netflix, then millions are consuming your library. btw, even the 'recommendations' aren't made on-demand as far as i know, they have groups of reccomendation profiles and then they put you in a certain group based on watched list (reducing calculation resources and running time)...
Now if you're gonna do this on an individual base, a lot of work....

ps - tag generator can tag based on lists from trakt and imdb. so it is possible to do it once on there and then all tags can be rewritten with it...
theoretically, you can add stuff in advance so that when they're added to library it will tag them as well. haven't test it myself beyond 'standup' and once tested against a random imdb list i found online...

Finally got around to trying this and sure enough it works flawlessly. When making the playlists order Random it shows up not only random but in a different order each time so it gives it a dynamic feel even more like Netflix. Thanks for that can't wait to plug it into the new update.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
How did you do this green background at generies bricks?
(2019-02-12, 16:47)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 13:58)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 05:06)cartman.dos Wrote:  You can add/edit genres but it won't be different than using tags...The question is how to narrow down the condition so that it pulls what you want, and then that it auto-maintains it....
If you're playing from local source, then I guess it would work to set a smartplaylist with rule 'path' contains '<name-of-folder-name-for-nature>', or similar. just make sure its unique so that other unwanted media won't fulfill the condition.

For stand-up (and imdb,trak lists) you can use tag-generator as I mentioned earlier.
it's a great tool that works as a service and tags video with 'standup', so you won't need to add tags manually.
https://github.com/wellspokenman/tag-generator 
Im going to play around with this tag generator you mentioned but genera's and playlists just didn't cut it for me things are entirely left out of widgets and lots of items will be in multiple widgets as well. for example lots of movies are both Action / Adventure I want Mission Impossible to be in the Action widget and want Indiana Jones to be in Adventure if you use genera's then both will be listed in each category a bit repetitive if you have over a 1000 movies and 500 tv shows. Custom tags has been the only way I figured out how to make sure the media is exactly what I want it to be in the widget. The only thing that bothers me my OCD speaking here is that the items listed in the tags are listed in the order in which you scanned them into your library. I would like them to be listed in alphabetical order does anyone know how I can set this up?  
use 'tag' as a rule and 'sort' as whatever you want (random?) in smartplaylists...I agree with you that it is the best way it just needs a lot of maintenance.

Now, if you're organizing netflix, then millions are consuming your library. btw, even the 'recommendations' aren't made on-demand as far as i know, they have groups of reccomendation profiles and then they put you in a certain group based on watched list (reducing calculation resources and running time)...
Now if you're gonna do this on an individual base, a lot of work....

ps - tag generator can tag based on lists from trakt and imdb. so it is possible to do it once on there and then all tags can be rewritten with it...
theoretically, you can add stuff in advance so that when they're added to library it will tag them as well. haven't test it myself beyond 'standup' and once tested against a random imdb list i found online...

The second part of your statement got me thinking if I were to try to make a top picks for or a Netflix recommends type of widget do you know of a Library setting or smart playlist setup that would look at your playlist to show similar type of media from your library?

I use Trakt to keep my in progress the same across all my setups and know Trakt has a recommends category but sadly I can't figure out how to integrate it into a widget.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Great skin but I can't use it. Everything I stream I end up crashing to the home screen. I use kodi 18 and hope these bugs are fixed could easily be the best skin that I can't use I have kodi 18 updated to the newest updates which I 100% is the cause of the bugs. I'm stuck using another skin right now till the bugs are fixed Thanks. ps everything was fine till I updated skin helper service to the newest update. Also the skin gets errors with the new YouTube update. Hope the fixes are made so this can be my favorite skin
(2019-02-14, 17:22)Runningman78 Wrote: Great skin but I can't use it. Everything I stream I end up crashing to the home screen. I use kodi 18 and hope these bugs are fixed could easily be the best skin that I can't use I have kodi 18 updated to the newest updates which I 100% is the cause of the bugs. I'm stuck using another skin right now till the bugs are fixed Thanks. ps everything was fine till I updated skin helper service to the newest update. Also the skin gets errors with the new YouTube update. Hope the fixes are made so this can be my favorite skin

I can confirm the YouTube update errors. Edit I had it once but haven't since.
I can't test it atm, would be very helpful if you guys could post a debug log.
OK I ran into something I believe is skin related. I have been experimenting with smart playlists and for most of my widgets I have used the settings you recommended Random order. For some of my widgets I want in order by date my James Bond collection for example. I set it up the same as the random settings except just used date in its place. The problem is all the smart playlists are showing as random in the Bingie home view. They are however correctly listed by date when I click on playlists.
(2019-02-15, 21:05)cscott1 Wrote: OK I ran into something I believe is skin related. I have been experimenting with smart playlists and for most of my widgets I have used the settings you recommended Random order. For some of my widgets I want in order by date my James Bond collection for example. I set it up the same as the random settings except just used date in its place. The problem is all the smart playlists are showing as random in the Bingie home view. They are however correctly listed by date when I click on playlists.
Not likely, widgets just grabs the content they were set with, they don't change the sortorder.
check for 'ascending'/'descending' sort in playlist itself, maybe the playlist is set one way but library set to sort otherwise.

about youtube, i'm assuming it's no longer an issue?
I've updated youtube plugin on my end on two machines everythings works as before...
(2019-02-15, 22:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-02-15, 21:05)cscott1 Wrote: OK I ran into something I believe is skin related. I have been experimenting with smart playlists and for most of my widgets I have used the settings you recommended Random order. For some of my widgets I want in order by date my James Bond collection for example. I set it up the same as the random settings except just used date in its place. The problem is all the smart playlists are showing as random in the Bingie home view. They are however correctly listed by date when I click on playlists.
Not likely, widgets just grabs the content they were set with, they don't change the sortorder.
check for 'ascending'/'descending' sort in playlist itself, maybe the playlist is set one way but library set to sort otherwise.

I've updated youtube plugin on my end on two machines everythings works as before...

How do you check to see what order the Library is set to sort?

Only had the YouTube error once it sorted itself out.
If i take a backup of the skin on my Win10PC and then restore it on my Nvidia Shield, should this work? Or is it better to set them up from scratch?

I have played around a bit more with this and I'm pretty sure you can replicate this behavior. When making a smart playlist using Tags as a rule and sorting by either Random or Sort title it is sorted correctly on the Bingie home screen however when using Year to sort it is listed alphabetically on the Bingie homescreen widget but when I go to playlists and select it the playlist is sorted correctly by date. It's kind of driving me nuts. When you get time could you please test to see if you get the same results?

after a lil searching I came across this thread which users have the same problem and it seems to be skin related. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321691
(2019-02-16, 16:18)cscott1 Wrote:
I have played around a bit more with this and I'm pretty sure you can replicate this behavior. When making a smart playlist using Tags as a rule and sorting by either Random or Sort title it is sorted correctly on the Bingie home screen however when using Year to sort it is listed alphabetically on the Bingie homescreen widget but when I go to playlists and select it the playlist is sorted correctly by date. It's kind of driving me nuts. When you get time could you please test to see if you get the same results?

after a lil searching I came across this thread which users have the same problem and it seems to be skin related. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321691 
 I'm running into the exact same problem, i have a smart playlist made with Tags and when i sort it by year it will show up in the correct order everywhere, except for on the homescreen widget, there it's sorted alphabetically.
(2019-02-16, 03:47)CK77 Wrote: If i take a backup of the skin on my Win10PC and then restore it on my Nvidia Shield, should this work? Or is it better to set them up from scratch?
 I tried it, it doesn't work.
(2019-02-16, 18:33)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 03:47)CK77 Wrote: If i take a backup of the skin on my Win10PC and then restore it on my Nvidia Shield, should this work? Or is it better to set them up from scratch?
 I tried it, it doesn't work.

Using a file manager navigate into your data folder/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/copy the addons and userdata folders to a thumb drive then replace those folders on your shield with the copied folders.
Most of the time when i watch a video, and press go back. It stops my video instead of letting it play in the background. Anyone else have this problem. Also, if a video does play in the background, and i go to the homescreen. The video playing is not shown. The spotlight is just black. That`s maybe how it`s suppose to be though (i`m not sure).

I`m on Kodi 18.1, Windows 10 x64

love this skin btw, can`t wait for v0.4 Smile
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26