• 72(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
Does anyone know where the color option for the sideblade focused hub is? Or how to activate deactivate it? My hub has no color strip where the red strip used to be when closed..
(2019-03-29, 21:01)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Does anyone know where the color option for the sideblade focused hub is? Or how to activate deactivate it? My hub has no color strip where the red strip used to be when closed..
As I mentioned in the last post above, you I got the same issue
(2019-03-29, 17:12)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 14:41)cscott1 Wrote: Another thing having trouble with is I have disabled studio icons everywhere in skin settings still they are showing up on the Bingie info dialog screen. My OCD says Netflix doesn't have them so I don't want them lol. Are they hard-coded in or something? I even tried deleting the studio icon add-on wouldn't let me won't let me disable either.
delete this control:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan....xml#L1533
(2019-03-29, 14:10)cscott1 Wrote: OK so maybe I'm dense but for the life of me I can't find where to make tags and smart playlists in Bingie. I was hoping to edit some of the pre-built ones that Cartman created trying to change the order from random to Sort title. Whenever the widgets refresh the random order drives me kind of bananas because it changes it to where the slim menu is no longer visible on the left.
What are you trying to do exactly? First you can set them to order by using built-in-skin helper widgets playlists -> choose playlist ...->choose order
smartlists dialogs are same as previous version
and lastly playlists are inside skindir/playlists and some under extras/widgetplaylists

(2019-03-29, 13:39)Highfield Wrote: Hello. Just wanted to install Titan on Leia and found this new Bingie theme. Great work. I use it on my shield. But i didn't find my amazon prime, netflix video addons, which i integraged to kodi. Regards

Thanks but I still can't find where to set the order in the in the built in skin helper widgets. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but I'm really struggling with this can you dumb it down more? I found the playlists and can make my own but can't figure out how to set the order of yours.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-29, 17:12)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 14:41)cscott1 Wrote: Another thing having trouble with is I have disabled studio icons everywhere in skin settings still they are showing up on the Bingie info dialog screen. My OCD says Netflix doesn't have them so I don't want them lol. Are they hard-coded in or something? I even tried deleting the studio icon add-on wouldn't let me won't let me disable either.
delete this control:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan....xml#L1533

This worked perfectly thanks but won't it just reappear on the next update? Would appreciate if there was a skin setting to just turn them off completely thanks.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Is there a way anyone has found to disable red new episode labels?

I am using a Kodi add-on for my widgets.
There is a bug when you load a widget that the source is from an addon and you have the Bingie video info enabled it is popping up the sidebar menu each time.

Also when kodi loads it is still not defaulting to show the first widget from the first menu like it does do in v 0.3 of the skin.

Is this still planned to be fixed in a new update?
(2019-03-30, 02:04)LukeHansford Wrote: Is there a way anyone has found to disable red new episode labels?

Just curious why don't you like them? looks just like Netflix.
I've commented on here wayyy too much lol, please bear with me @cartman.dos

One thing I cant figure out is the skin helper widgets for tmbd/trakt/openinfo. I'm positive the titles on these list are in my library via openmeta but I can't get those widgets to populate. Sometimes they'll populate one title, most of the time they appear to be loading and dissapear altogether after a minute or so... Any idea why this is, even though the titles are in my library? I can send you a log or something if that'd help?
NOTE

Was able to confirm that widget constant refreshing is indeed due Kodi core behaviour announcing OnPlay/OnStop.
Could trace and change Kodi source to ignore this announcement and thus not force refreshing containers when auto-playing trailers.
If someone here has good cpp programming skills and is somewhat familiar with kodi's code and wants to help and make the PR, this would be great.
Moreover if others will 'vote' for this feature maybe someone would take the glove off and write the needed changes.
I thought of adding a parameter to playmedia built-in command that specifies to NOT REFRESH and bypass the directory refresh from onplay/onstop.
this would require changes in playmedia command and cDirectoryProvider (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1ca9ef...r.cpp#L219)
But am not sure of the work-map the variables are passed on and C skills are not good to be honest.
(2019-03-29, 18:49)joeyd2424 Wrote: Since your very active with your followers (very appreciative of that by the way) I have a question you might be able to provide insight on. How difficult would it be to create a script that alters your ratings icons based on genre? I will elaborate. Shudder uses skull heads for the rating, others use stars or the thumbs or numerical values to indicate ratings. Interested in the pursuit of adopting different style types for specific genres. I am unaware of how difficult such an endeavor would be.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what's the idea exactly, how would ratings connect to genres (what is rating by genre? where is it set?) and why would you have to have a script in order to choose icons via script, this is done via xml.
So maybe I'm completely off here but you can try and reexplain for me, dummies version Smile
(2019-03-29, 18:55)FlashOne Wrote: Unfortunately yes, here's how my home page appears in Bingie layout, without "New episodes" tags (they're missing on my usual Vertical big home layout too). But as soon as I go inside tv shows hub, they're at their place.
Also notice (red circled in 1st image) that selected hubs don't highlight as I saw in various skin screenshots, they only highlight when opening side menu. Tried to change every single custom color options but no luck... 
I suspect the two may be connected, Did you change the shortcuts of menu entries home/hubs/both?
Basically I think that it doesn't detect the window as 'bingieview' thus not having the vertical line indicator on menu and new episodes tag-overlay...
@Seattle2Nashville , same question applies.
(2019-03-29, 23:14)cscott1 Wrote: Thanks but I still can't find where to set the order in the in the built in skin helper widgets. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but I'm really struggling with this can you dumb it down more? I found the playlists and can make my own but can't figure out how to set the order of yours. 
Maybe I need you to dumb it down for me...What r you trying to achieve? playlists from 'Search' suggestions are one thing. in skin/playlists
you can just copy them to ur %userprofile%/playlists and change this line
Code:
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
from radom to 'sorttitle'.

for Widgets from skin helper widgets you cannot change the order (because for example in recently added it must be sorted by dateadded obviously).
BUT you can use the playlist in mixed content to achieve 3 things.
1) Pull playlists built-in skin
2) choose playlist for movies -> then playlist for tvshows --- to get mixed content from both in one widget
3) third window after choosing playlist will appear with option on how to order them (by year, title, random, recommended, .....)
(2019-03-29, 23:56)cscott1 Wrote: This worked perfectly thanks but won't it just reappear on the next update? Would appreciate if there was a skin setting to just turn them off completely thanks. 
I'm trying to avoid over-complicating, over-customizing the skin. I don't believe this will help a lot of skin users so I tend to keep it as it is. Not really hard to delete after updates, sorry mate.
(2019-03-30, 02:04)LukeHansford Wrote: Is there a way anyone has found to disable red new episode labels?

Will add option to disable in later updates.
(2019-03-30, 02:07)LukeHansford Wrote: There is a bug when you load a widget that the source is from an addon and you have the Bingie video info enabled it is popping up the sidebar menu each time.

Also when kodi loads it is still not defaulting to show the first widget from the first menu like it does do in v 0.3 of the skin.

Is this still planned to be fixed in a new update?
First one doesn't sound like a bug, it is probably due to addon loading taking longer and focus calls menu (which is default in titan because of other layout, if i change it will break non-bingie layouts)
Second issue, you already mentioned and should be fixed in git, will be pushed to next update.
Also, please try to edit your posts if you have a few question/issues/whatever, if I didn't answer to your first one i'll see them all at once either way and although it's great to have a lot of posts in your thread that's a little too spammy, thx.

(2019-03-30, 07:06)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I've commented on here wayyy too much lol, please bear with me @cartman.dos

One thing I cant figure out is the skin helper widgets for tmbd/trakt/openinfo. I'm positive the titles on these list are in my library via openmeta but I can't get those widgets to populate. Sometimes they'll populate one title, most of the time they appear to be loading and dissapear altogether after a minute or so... Any idea why this is, even though the titles are in my library? I can send you a log or something if that'd help?
Paste a debug log, maybe something will show. I couldn't reproduce an issue with these widgets.
(2019-03-30, 11:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 23:14)cscott1 Wrote: Thanks but I still can't find where to set the order in the in the built in skin helper widgets. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but I'm really struggling with this can you dumb it down more? I found the playlists and can make my own but can't figure out how to set the order of yours. 
Maybe I need you to dumb it down for me...What r you trying to achieve? playlists from 'Search' suggestions are one thing. in skin/playlists
Code:

Yes this was what I was was trying to do I thought they would just show up in my playlists and I could just edit the sort order. Now that I found them in the playlist folder. I can recreate them like you said and use sort title as the sort order. Only I'll use the playlist maker in Kodi instead of copying and pasting within the code. I always break something when I start trying to code anything lol.
(2019-03-30, 13:57)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 11:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 18:49)joeyd2424 Wrote: Since your very active with your followers (very appreciative of that by the way) I have a question you might be able to provide insight on. How difficult would it be to create a script that alters your ratings icons based on genre? I will elaborate. Shudder uses skull heads for the rating, others use stars or the thumbs or numerical values to indicate ratings. Interested in the pursuit of adopting different style types for specific genres. I am unaware of how difficult such an endeavor would be.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what's the idea exactly, how would ratings connect to genres (what is rating by genre? where is it set?) and why would you have to have a script in order to choose icons via script, this is done via xml.
So maybe I'm completely off here but you can try and reexplain for me, dummies version Smile
(2019-03-29, 18:55)FlashOne Wrote: Unfortunately yes, here's how my home page appears in Bingie layout, without "New episodes" tags (they're missing on my usual Vertical big home layout too). But as soon as I go inside tv shows hub, they're at their place.
Also notice (red circled in 1st image) that selected hubs don't highlight as I saw in various skin screenshots, they only highlight when opening side menu. Tried to change every single custom color options but no luck... 
I suspect the two may be connected, Did you change the shortcuts of menu entries home/hubs/both?
Basically I think that it doesn't detect the window as 'bingieview' thus not having the vertical line indicator on menu and new episodes tag-overlay...
@Seattle2Nashville , same question applies.
Code:

Yes this was what I was was trying to do I thought they would just show up in my playlists and I could just edit the sort order. Now that I found them in the playlist folder. I can recreate them like you said and use sort title as the sort order. Only I'll use the playlist maker in Kodi instead of copying and pasting within the code. I always break something when I start trying to code anything lol.    
Yeah that works too, kodi must have them inside the specific playlists dir for the current user profile in order to get them in kodi's native smartplaylists editor

Limiting amount of items in ALL widgets has been added in Git. As requested here:
(2019-03-27, 16:43)LukeHansford Wrote: Can a widget item limit be added to the settings?
I am talking about the widget limit for widgets from Kodi add-ons and not widgets from the library with skin helper widgets.
This is my favorite skin in 2019 so far

Thank you very much for making this skin look a like Netflix
i such a love with Netflix Interface

watch gallery

if you like you can add this post to the first page.
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Lol I’m not that great at explaining things so I’ll give it another shot. So you got the 5 star rating system which is used universally. (You have a settingthat says “prefer star rating” instead of using the 78% match scheme) What I’m curious about is how would I alter each rating for a specific genre. So say a horror movie in my library has a 3 star rating. Instead of three star icons, I would use 3 skull icons. Or a romantic comedy would use 4 hearts to define its rating. Or slasher films using butcher knives. Or a comedy uses 3 laughing heads instead. I still don’t know if I explained that well. It basically replaces the ratings icons with a genre specific set. Probably a huge amount of work for a small visual enhancement that no one else would probably care about lol
(2019-03-30, 10:52)cartman.dos Wrote: NOTE

Was able to confirm that widget constant refreshing is indeed due Kodi core behaviour announcing OnPlay/OnStop.
Could trace and change Kodi source to ignore this announcement and thus not force refreshing containers when auto-playing trailers.
If someone here has good cpp programming skills and is somewhat familiar with kodi's code and wants to help and make the PR, this would be great.
Moreover if others will 'vote' for this feature maybe someone would take the glove off and write the needed changes.
I thought of adding a parameter to playmedia built-in command that specifies to NOT REFRESH and bypass the directory refresh from onplay/onstop.
this would require changes in playmedia command and cDirectoryProvider (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1ca9ef...r.cpp#L219)
But am not sure of the work-map the variables are passed on and C skills are not good to be honest.

Not exactly clear on what I'm voting on here. The refreshing doesn't necessarily bother me unless it's causing issues with the spotlight widget not working as it should. I know that I only ever get one trailer to play on mine if I add more media to my library it will be a different one but always just the one even if I set it to a custom path. It would be nice if it were a different item every time I opened Kodi.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26