• 134(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-07-09, 17:37)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 16:55)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos I am currently having an issue, where when I add another hub that is a Custom List Hub It won't let me select that tab on the side-menu to setup the hub. Plus when I hover over that newly added shortcut the red indicator shows both on the side menu after and it stays that way.

That's because they're pointing to the same hub, it would've have cool if clicking on that again and again would create multiple instances of that hub but that is not how it works
(2019-07-09, 12:52)cscott1 Wrote: "cartman.dos" @ checked out your github page this morning got all excited when I saw something new... then realized it was just a change in the readme. sigh...

Haha. Once @louisefindlay23 will report back that latest version didn't cause a massive explosion I believe we will be good to go. 

Just sent you a PM on my findings. Didn't read your last one btw so just updating my PVR server (to my usual config) to test fanart (which is usually via Titan's PVR artwork lookup btw and channel icons)
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-07-09, 16:55)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos I am currently having an issue, where when I add another hub that is a Custom List Hub It won't let me select that tab on the side-menu to setup the hub. Plus when I hover over that newly added shortcut the red indicator shows both on the side menu after and it stays that way.

That's because they're pointing to the same hub, it would've have cool if clicking on that again and again would create multiple instances of that hub but that is not how it works. 

@cartman.dos How can I have two of them then? Because, I need two of them. One for Movies and One for TV Shows.
(2019-07-09, 19:51)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:

That's because they're pointing to the same hub, it would've have cool if clicking on that again and again would create multiple instances of that hub but that is not how it works.  

@cartman.dos How can I have two of them then? Because, I need two of them. One for Movies and One for TV Shows. 
Do you have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml coding? you could just add it yourself, make 100 of them even.
(2019-07-09, 20:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 19:51)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 17:37)cartman.dos Wrote: That's because they're pointing to the same hub, it would've have cool if clicking on that again and again would create multiple instances of that hub but that is not how it works.  

Do you have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml coding? you could just add it yourself, make 100 of them even. 

Which file do I edit though? I have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml programming. But which file should I edit?
(2019-07-09, 20:06)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 19:51)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos How can I have two of them then? Because, I need two of them. One for Movies and One for TV Shows.  

Which file do I edit though? I have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml programming. But which file should I edit? 
the easiest way would be to make a copy-paste, it's ugly code repetition but that'll work.
I'll outline the main changes but you'll need to figure out the rest, not hard if you get the basic idea.

you need to make another copy of this file:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...istHub.xml
and change the window id number to one that does not exist already (either within 1116-1148 is fine)

then you need another include like this:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...s.xml#L461
that the buttons in it and container are pointing to another skin string than 'mycustom', e.g 'mycustom2'

here you call that new include when your new window is active:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...e.xml#L344

and then you just need make a shortcut and point it to that window id, e.g 'activatewindow(1116,return)'
(2019-07-09, 20:26)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:06)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:03)cartman.dos Wrote: Do you have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml coding? you could just add it yourself, make 100 of them even.  

the easiest way would be to make a copy-paste, it's ugly code repetition but that'll work.
I'll outline the main changes but you'll need to figure out the rest, not hard if you get the basic idea.

and change the window id number to one that does not exist already (either within 1116-1148 is fine)

that the buttons in it and container are pointing to another skin string than 'mycustom', e.g 'mycustom2'

and then you just need make a shortcut and point it to that window id, e.g 'activatewindow(1116,return)' 

Okay, thanks. I'll try it out.
(2019-07-09, 20:29)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:26)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:06)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Which file do I edit though? I have a basic understanding of the skinning engine and xml programming. But which file should I edit?  

@cartman.dos 
Should I also change the WidgetID for the 
xml:
<!-- MyCustom -->
<include name="bingie_items_mycustom">
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(EnhancedHome_Circular)">No_Circular_Left</include>
<left>65</left>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets)">Set_Custom_Container_Content</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets)">Custom_Container_Label</include>
<include content="ListHubContainerTemplate">
<param name="widgetid" value="510"/>
<param name="contentPath" value="$INFO[Skin.String(mycustom.path)]" />
<param name="contentTarget" value="$INFO[Skin.String(mycustom.target)]" />
</include>
</include>
(2019-07-09, 22:04)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:29)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 20:26)cartman.dos Wrote: the easiest way would be to make a copy-paste, it's ugly code repetition but that'll work.

@cartman.dos 
Should I also change the WidgetID for the 
xml:
<!-- MyCustom -->
<include name="bingie_items_mycustom">
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(EnhancedHome_Circular)">No_Circular_Left</include>
<left>65</left>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets)">Set_Custom_Container_Content</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets)">Custom_Container_Label</include>
<include content="ListHubContainerTemplate">
<param name="widgetid" value="510"/>
<param name="contentPath" value="$INFO[Skin.String(mycustom.path)]" />
<param name="contentTarget" value="$INFO[Skin.String(mycustom.target)]" />
</include>
</include>

No, if we're in a different window there's no conflict, even more changing the id will break some stuff.
you do however need to make a copy of the set label and content includes so they all point to your new skin.string = where the widget config data is stored, so if it's the same you're just gonna have a copy of the same hub.
Cool. Thank you. Thankfully, Appreciated. With your help now I was able to create an second hub.
Hi, this looks like an amazing skin!

I'm wondering how it handles local music/audiobook albums & music video files? Is there an example of square album art for music?

I intend to use local media with perhaps Netflix add-on content mixed in.

Thanks!
(2019-07-10, 01:18)TurtleTaub Wrote: Hi, this looks like an amazing skin!

I'm wondering how it handles local music/audiobook albums & music video files? Is there an example of square album art for music?

Thanks!
Hey, thanks!
TBH, this is a side of Titan that I did not contribute a lot to besides fixing bugs/slight improvement/finishing leia compability/built-in-search...
You see, BINGIE is heavily aimed at movies/tvshows with a lot of new features and design, and on top of that, it inherits the base of Titan.
So this basically means that what is working and what should have worked in last official Titan release also working properly in this skin.
There are a few square viewtypes available, and artwork is pretty rich since it uses skin helper alongside.
I personally don't even load my music directory onto kodi so maybe someone that does use this part more than me (just basic testing) could hop in.
try it out, hope you'll like it Smile
(2019-07-10, 03:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 01:18)TurtleTaub Wrote: Hi, this looks like an amazing skin!

Thanks!
Hey, thanks!
TBH, this is a side of Titan that I did not contribute a lot to besides fixing bugs/slight improvement/finishing leia compability/built-in-search...
You see, BINGIE is heavily aimed at movies/tvshows with a lot of new features and design, and on top of that, it inherits the base of Titan.
So this basically means that what is working and what should have worked in last official Titan release also working properly in this skin.
There are a few square viewtypes available, and artwork is pretty rich since it uses skin helper alongside.
I personally don't even load my music directory onto kodi so maybe someone that does use this part more than me (just basic testing) could hop in.
try it out, hope you'll like it Smile 

Awesome, honestly I was expecting music can't be loaded at all with this skin, so your reply is most exciting! I will give it a try and report if having issues.  Cool
Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1
THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

This update is pretty massive, as it includes massive rewrites of complete sections in the skin or code, added features, bug fixing and so on.
Due to the extensive work that has been done from v1.02,
It'll be great if you guys could try this release candidate and report about bugs that/if you've noticed and I may have missed (with detailed description, please).
You may also give your feedback on the new stuff/cosmetics/performance, I always try to listen to your requests but note that at this point I only intend to address bugs and such to support the release.

Skin Helper Widgets
I've also released an update for skin helper widgets, that adds a new widget that is now used by default in bingie (if you're not installing fresh you have to reset menu to default or set the widget manually via skin helper widgets node). This widget is 'Continue Watching Episodes' and it comes to replace the use of 'Next Episodes'.
The change is delicate but important - it will fetch the last played episodes and will return them for you to continue or the next episode after the last one you watched. Difference is that 'Next Episodes' is returning episodes only for unwatched tvshows (so no re-watch) AND it returns the next UNWATCHED episode, so if you've fallen asleep and tv kept going or your gf want to watch a different episode or you just want to re-watch the series you won't be able with 'Next episodes'. In sum, it's like the continue watching widget for netflix.

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES
I'm not going to list ALL the changes (I honestly don't even remember at this point), but I'll list the main ones that come to mind and will update whenever I think of one that I've forgot about:
- Bingie home complete rewrite including the spotlight
- Most of the default widgets are now library-based/built-in for FASTER widget loading (Built-in 'Categories', 'My List' widgets have been added to widget choice dialog).
- Fixed Vertical movement redesigned and improved
- 2 new viewtypes - Bingie Main Landscape & Bingie Main Poster
- New: Categories Hub, used with the BUILT-IN categories widgets
- New Video buttons layout, OSD panel and functionality, also supports live tv (Bingie Video OSD in settings), new seek indicators
- OSD new functionality features: Rated mpaa pop-up right after playing, auto-close osd (transitioned from sh based to built in), auto pause when osd shows.
- New Hub: PVR Hub, with widgets for last played, channels, recordings and 'categories'. New layouts for information to channels and option to auto-preview channels (under general settings->trailers->allow pvr preview)
- New episodes tag supported in posters as well
- Improved 'Watch X now' logic, will now show 'Watch Season [last added season] Now' for tv show that has new episodes.
- REMOVED: forced views has been removed (it's a buggy mess), also some skin helper functions has either been removed or replaced with built-in skin to improve functionality and performance

This are mostly the new stuff, at least the ones that I can think of now,
beside that there has been major cosmetic changes, bug fixes, improvements, etc...

watch gallery

Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1
Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)
I wanna ask a few things:
  1. Why the size of fanart is a big size? i mean like a fullscreen? is there's a reason behind you do that? i prefer the latest version master on BINGIE 1.0.2
  2. Why the episode information font on widget is too small?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2019-07-10, 09:27)3500 Wrote: I wanna ask a few things:
  1. Why the size of fanart is a big size? i mean like a fullscreen? is there's a reason behind you do that? i prefer the latest version master on BINGIE 1.0.2
  2. Why the episode information font on widget is too small?
1) it's a size up of about 25%, definitely not full screen and using a new diffuse that blends better with spotlight. If you open up video info you'll see the exact size as it is the same.
2) I don't think it's smalller, the episode name is one size down and the season episode format/next episode is one size up, so it's pretty minor. It doesn't seem small at all on a big screen TV, which is the intended use.

Remember that this skin does intend to simulate Netflix TV ui and in both cases it does exactly that...
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26