Display Movie Rating, MPAA rating and Genre information in Estuary views
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so go easy on me :p
I regularly browse through movies in my collection and would like to see the movie rating / score without having to go into info / extended info views for each and every movie. That way I can judge whether I want to watch a particular movie instantaneously.
The title, tag line and description is not enough information for me personally. Anyway, long story short, I decided to add this myself.
If anyone else would like this functionality, you can install as per the instructions below.
It's basically done by browsing into the Estuary skin's xml folder and replacing MyVideoNav.xml with the new version I've created.
The change modifies views with a left side panel i.e. List view and InfoWall views. An added bonus is that it can often work inside addons that display movies/videos also.

To install do this:

1. Navigate to the Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\  directory (Location varies with platform).
2. Locate and rename the file MyVideoNav.xml and rename it e.g. MyVideoNav_old.xml
3. Download the new version from the link below and paste it into the same directory.

Note: Libreelec is a squash file system and therefore is read only. So this modification can only be installed in Libreelec via a workaround.
That's it!

Download Here
(2018-08-31, 16:47)Paraic Wrote: Download Here
Providing text files is perhaps easier via a site like http://pastebin.com .
Now having to actually download a file first is not 100% user friendly. Smile

(2018-08-31, 16:47)Paraic Wrote: Note: Libreelec is a squash file system and therefore is read only. So this modification can only be installed in Libreelec via a workaround.
Making changes to the system default Kodi system skin directly is not recommended. One small error can cause the system to break. Also your changes will disappear when upgrading/downgrading your LibreELEC version.

It's better to make a full copy of the Estuary skin into the data partition, via the /storage/.kodi/addons folder, rename the names of the file and the parameters within the addon.xml file, and install it as a 2nd skin. Should something go wrong, then you always have the original skin as a fallback.
Quote:Now having to actually download a file first is not 100% user friendly.

Ok fair enough, though my motivation was to make this as user friendly as possible for users that don't need to view the xml but just want the functionality.

Quote:It's better to make a full copy of the Estuary skin into the data partition, via the /storage/.kodi/addons folder, rename the names of the file and the parameters within the addon.xml file, and install it as a 2nd skin. Should something go wrong, then you always have the original skin as a fallback.

Yes, I agree this is a safer method though a little more effort required. Also that also happens to be the method to workaround the Libreelec problem, so an added bonus!
I only see the new rating field when I order the movies by rating. Which kind of makes it useless since the rating is then already there in the main list.

Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Movie Rating, MPAA rating and Genre information in Estuary views0