Alpha ListItem().FolderPath Problem
Prior to Kodi 18 Alpha 1 I was able to select the item in a container by using the following:

ListItem(NUMBER).FolderPath

Where number would represent the position in the directory of the item.

Now ListItem(1).FolderPath returns None whereas prior it would return the path of the item in position 1 of the directory.

Can anyone please help?
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Phrase update to latest Kodi nightly and report back . There are chances that the issue is already solved.
Thanks for the reply:

Just updated and tested on KodiSetup-20180905-b69ac071-master-x64.exe

The issue is still present, nothing is returned

r = control.infoLabel('ListItem(%s).FolderPath' % i)

The content of r is blank.

On Kodi 17.6 the content prints the path of the item selected from the list but the number entered in ListItem(NumberHere)
How can I reproduce the issue? Is there a certain skin I can use and if so, where do I get it from and what steps to take to reproduce?

EDIT: Looking at your code snippet, this is python, right? I have zero knowledge how Kodis's python binding is working. I thought you have a skinning problem...
it's a python call to grab a gui info label. which you refactored, no ? there is likely nothing python to it as such.
Tell me how to reproduce, please. I need step by step instructions or a test script or whatever does the job to get it reproducible. Dropping a single line of python code does not work for me, sorry.
I suppose if you know how to skin it would be as simple as using the listitem command to grab any number from a listing.

So if you went to My Movies (Default Estuary Skin)

ListItem('10').FolderPath should return the listitem path of the entry in position 10 of My Movies.

Does this make sense?

Im unsure how I could get you to recreate with python but the issue would still be present via a skin.

If you need more information or if i need to think of a way to reproduce that you could use please let me know.
Please post a diff for estuary along with steps how to reproduce.
tested, but works fine on my end.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That's what I expected tbh. Not saying my guiinfo refactoring is unrelated to that issue, but it seems python somehow needs to be involved to trigger the bug. Maybe it's something related to how python is using guiinfomanager. Just guessing.
(2018-09-07, 12:02)lorkadiscovery Wrote: ListItem('10').FolderPath should return the listitem path of the entry in position 10 of My Movies.

Nop.... that will show 10 list item from your focused label, not from beginning.

if your focus is on 12 row from top movie that label show ListItem 12+10    .... 22 from beginning.

You need to use this Smile
Code:
Container(id).ListItemAbsolute(id).FolderPath
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-09-07, 16:55)ronie Wrote: tested, but works fine on my end.

Sorry for small off-topic but could you post snipe code for this debug code that is showing result for InfoLabel ?! it would be helpful as hell !
diff:
diff --git a/addons/skin.estuary/xml/MyVideoNav.xml b/addons/skin.estuary/xml/MyVideoNav.xml
index a4a27bc302..8cdd792a24 100644
--- a/addons/skin.estuary/xml/MyVideoNav.xml
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/xml/MyVideoNav.xml
@@ -170,5 +170,13 @@
                                </control>
                        </control>
                </control>
+               <control type="label">
+                       <top>48</top>
+                       <left>420</left>
+                       <width>1920</width>
+                       <height>50</height>
+                       <font>font36_title</font>
+                       <label>ListItem(10).FolderPath: $INFO[ListItem('10').FolderPath]</label>
+               </control>
        </controls>
 </window>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks all for testing, what I found after doing some digging yesterday is that the issue is only present if

item.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')

is set in the listitem.

If isplayable is true the ListItem(NUM).FolderPath prints nothings, if isplayable is not set the print displays the path correctly as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem().FolderPath Problem0