Ignore Cue file metadata?
I've just been playing with some more VA releases and noticed a lot of my albums had weird names in the Album view, on investigation this is due to the CUE file taking precedence over the ID3 Tag.

Now... I need the cue to separate the release as its a single MP3 files (as all the scene releases are for mix CDs) but I don't really want Kodi reading all the other metadata from the cue for the whole album.

Is there any option for me, other than deleting (or indeed fixing) the CUE file?

In my opinion the Album Name ID3 tag should always be preferred, over the cue in this case.

Cue file contents

MP3Tag tag view - Notice the Album name is different here. Basically this is what I expect to show in Kodi, going round in circles for a while re-tagging until I realized the cue was overriding it.

And how the Album view shows in Kodi
A simple fix would be to ignore both the Performer tag and the Title tag in cue files under certain conditions (such as an ID3 tag existing).
Just to confirm, editing the cue file and removing the 1st 2 lines which are usually "PERFORMER" and "TITLE" fixes the issue.

Only problem is I have 700+ albums of DJ mixes like this, looking for a better solution than editing each cue file with a text editor Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ignore Cue file metadata?0