Bug How to handle TVShows and Episodes in video.plugin ?
Hey,

I'm developing video plugin that retractive information about tcshows (local server) with metadata and show it inside kodi. Information in retrieverd as json.
You have list "all", enter it, kodi send request for 'all', parse json and list every tvshow (and metadata about it) in list (via listitems).
You enter 'tvshow', kodi send request for that 'tvshow', parse json and list every episode in that show (that are stored on local machine) and metadata about those episodes.

Problem is that 'folder' aren't treat equal to episodes so sorting/filtering in default skin ignore some information, I found out that using isFolder=False to resolve this but...

I been always using ListItem with isFolder=True for TVShows and list episodes inside that list but thats not good.

If TVShow is added to kodi library they get all information (from scrapper) and are treat equal to episodes (look above) but you can enter them - so they are folders ?

How can I emulate same behavior for my plugin ? When doing isFolder=False I end up with handle -1 and error. When I use isFolder=True It work but sorting/filtering/view is a bit broken.
Try to set appropriate content type with setContent and add necessary sort methods with addSortMethod. Of course, for sorting to work your list items need to have all necessary metadata.
(2018-09-06, 07:44)Roman_V_M Wrote: Try to set appropriate content type with setContent and add necessary sort methods with addSortMethod. Of course, for sorting to work your list items need to have all necessary metadata.
 I'm happy that you had time to replay.

Im using setContent(tvshows) and sortMethod link:code
then its going here to add each item: link:code     and set all necessary metadata link:code  
But the problem is still there, maybe Im missing something ?

The only solution I was able to find was fixing skin via: link:push  but Im not 100% if this is skin problem that other ignore or didn't notice or this is something with kodi core (and handle library different than directory made with plugins) or I'm missing something...

Also I found out that if I set each item as `isFolder=False` then it act as intended !! but then Im unable to enter TVShow to list episodes inside.
I report this issue on github if anyone is interesed, with example files etc.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/14573

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to handle TVShows and Episodes in video.plugin ?0