• 11(current)
Deprecated Weatherbit.io
I've been getting an error whenever the weatherbit plugin has been pulling the forecast for the last little while.  I finally looked into the log today and it seems like the error is likely due to where I live currently not having any sunrise or sunset due to polar night.

I've put what I thought is the relevant part of the log below, but I've pasted the full log at https://paste.kodi.tv/xaxohabawi.kodi

2019-12-12 22:33:43.668 T:7764   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: time data u'2019-12-13 99:99' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 498, in <module>
                                                forecast(locationname, locationdeg)
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 232, in forecast
                                                current_props(current_weather,loc)
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 310, in current_props
                                                set_property('Today.Sunset'             , convert_time('%s %s' % (data['data'][0]['ob_time'][0:10], data['data'][0]['sunset'])))
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 110, in convert_time
                                                utc = datetime(*(time.strptime(utc_time, '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M')[0:6]))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\_strptime.py", line 478, in _strptime_time
                                                return _strptime(data_string, format)[0]
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\_strptime.py", line 332, in _strptime
                                                (data_string, format))
                                            ValueError: time data u'2019-12-13 99:99' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2019-12-13, 07:41)mule007 Wrote: I've been getting an error whenever the weatherbit plugin has been pulling the forecast for the last little while.  I finally looked into the log today and it seems like the error is likely due to where I live currently not having any sunrise or sunset due to polar night.

Sorry I had meant to post the above as a separate thread, and can't figure out how to remove the post Confused
thanx for the report, it's indeed crashing due to an invalid time (99:99) in the weather data.
i'll add a workaround to handle such exceptions.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Dear Ronie

What's wrong no maps downloaded?

https://paste.kodi.tv/okikinewod.kodi
i'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be your device has a problem connecting to the internet.
there are several errors in your log from a few addons and kodi itself that all point in that direction.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello,

In kodi I'm getting error messages regarding script.openweathermap.maps, and the logs show the following.
Code:
2020-01-25 01:14:11.706 T:140470099097344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: ZSTD_freeCStream
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 93, in <module>
                                            ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: ZSTD_freeCStream
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/jokeyakoji.kodi

Via Add-ons > My add-ons > Weather > Weatherbit OI:
I see the following version:
WeatherBit.IO version is 0.0.20
Via Add-ons > My add-ons > Weather > Weatherbit OI > Dependencies:
I see the following version for script.openweathermap.maps:                                        
The script.openweathermap.maps version is 0.2.2
(Don't think this is the actual version installed just the mimimum required? Log shows NOTICE: ADDON: script.openweathermap.maps v0.3.1 installed)                            

I have both the API (weatherbit.io) and MAPAPI (openweathermap) configured.
In the past I had OpenWeatherMaps Extended installed, and my MAPAPI is the one I generated end of 2016 and should be still active following https://home.openweathermap.org/users/sign_in

System details:
  • LibreELEC community build (RetroELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2-devel-20200117095917-28eddc2.img.gz)
  • Using Kodi 18.5
  • Atom based miniPC
the error is in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so, which is provided by LibreElec.
it's best to report the error to them, as there isn't anything i can do in the addon to prevent it from happening.
Thanks!
I will ask the developer/maintainer of RetroELEC if he can help me to solve/workaround this issue.

Edit (25-01-2020):
Got confirmation that this issue will be solved in a next RetroELEC build.
Plugin was working fine For me previously, and I haven’t changed any settings lately, but I was getting onscreen error alerts and odd Humidity figures showing up (e.g. 79%%%%) over the last few days.

Thought I’d turn on logging and do a restart before posting here but, Sod’s law, I got a different behaviour altogether when I restarted -  no data all.  So I tried again, and that means I’ve overwritten the old (bloated from weeks of uptime) log that might’ve shed light on the wonky Humidity figures.

The most recent two logs are at http://paste.osmc.tv/kirekalego

Even I can work out that debugging this will be difficult until I can get past the ‘no data’ behaviour which is explained by the following problem shown in the log:

Code:
2020-02-23 16:25:15.943 T:1560437472 DEBUG: weather.weatherbit.io: current data: {"status_code":429,"status_message":"Your request count (2193) is over the allowed limit of 500 per day - Upgrade your key, or retry after 1201.0833333333 minutes"}

I’m guessing the excessive API hits may have arisen rom retries when the plugin was partially successful in retrieving and presenting data?  I’ll disable the plugin in the meantime, and try to recreate the problem tomorrow when my API count has reset. 

If anyone can add any insight from my logs in the mean, I’d be grateful. The excessive API hits (potentially caused by earlier failure/retries) might be worthy of attention in its own right.  In truth though, this is really a holding post until I can recreate the original issue with fresh logs!

Cheers,

Fergus
ok, would appreciate another log if the original issue occurs again.

failures in the addon shouldn't lead to additional api calls though. but yeah, it's odd you've reached 2000+ calls,
when weatherbit only uses ~ 150 calls a days if you keep kodi running 24/7.
Cheers ronie. For now, I’ve switched back to your equally excellent yahoo add on. Seeing as weatherbit don’t do hourly forecasts on the free API any longer, I may just stick with the yahoo one.

I will give weatherbit another test and report back in a few days though.

Thanks again for all your efforts. Much appreciated!
Doesn’t look like there’s anything with the add-on that needs attention, but thought it worth posting my experience....

I found the ‘calls-count’ of my API Key climbed from 2,193 to over 6,000 as yesterday evening went on, so I rolled a new key to put a halt to whatever was running amok with it.  After approximately a couple of hours of testing with the new key this evening, my key has racked up just 12 API calls and is behaving properly.

I’ve no idea who or what was hammering my API key, but I believe that (rather than the add-on itself) was the source of my original problem and subsequent block.
(2020-02-23, 23:22)Fergus Wrote: Seeing as weatherbit don’t do hourly forecasts on the free API any longer

meh, i hadn't even noticed that.
so after weather.com and wunderground, now weatherbit also decreases the functionally for free api accounts.

since i'm not motivated to maintain a half-boken addon much longer,
i've decided to merge the (working part of) weatherbit and yahoo into a new weather addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352028
(note: for Kodi 19 and up only)
(2020-02-25, 04:06)ronie Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 23:22)Fergus Wrote: Seeing as weatherbit don’t do hourly forecasts on the free API any longer

meh, i hadn't even noticed that.
so after weather.com and wunderground, now weatherbit also decreases the functionally for free api accounts.

since i'm not motivated to maintain a half-boken addon much longer,
i've decided to merge the (working part of) weatherbit and yahoo into a new weather addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352028
(note: for Kodi 19 and up only) 

THIS is getting VERY confusing....
Because you told me to use Weatherbit.io here: Image
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207110

I installed that only to find it did not work.
Only to dig deeper and find this post telling me to use an app that is not in the repository with no directions as to how to get it.
Also, please fix the linked post?
I've been having an issue with this add-on since I started using it. When I reboot my raspberry pi (OpenELEC), retrieving weather always fails the first time.  In order to get it to work correctly, I have to manually go into the add-on settings for Weatherbit IO and open the API key screen (without modifying it) and selecting OK, which forces another call to be made and then everything seems to work. Though this is quite a hassle to do every time I need to reboot. Is there anything I can do to prevent these SSL certificate verification errors that are popping up in the logs? Thanks for the look.

https://paste.kodi.tv/hiyewuxupa.kodi
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weatherbit.io0