• 86(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-11-21, 19:52)sirmedia Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 18:32)wsnipex Wrote: the aftv4k build is basically v19 beta1 with a fix for netflix stuttering
Netflix in Kodi? I didn't know that was a thing. Smile
Yep - Netflix and Prime within Kodi has been a thing for a while Smile
This is strange. On a different video DTS pass through to the AVR worked just fine, the audio was not distorted and it was DTS for sure as indicated by the AVR. I don't understand, is DTS pass-through broken or not on Fire TV 4K stick? Maybe Amazon pushed a fix? Firmware version NS6276/2933

Edit: back to the video that had distorted DTS, it still doesn't work, DTS lights up but sound is distorted. But now if I disable pass-through I no longer get DD+ on the AVR, just 2.0

Oh Amazon how you made a mess of this ...

As a side note, this Fire TV 4K stick is just plain trouble. Many times it just locks up because of HDMI-CEC, I have to pull the power on it. I've been waiting for a fix for over 2 years.
Works brilliant for me. So it's most likely you or your non existing Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I recently installed 4K Fire TV stick on a 1080p HD TV.  The TV is connect to my (older- no HDMI) 5.0 (no subwoofer) AVR via an optical cable.  It supports DD & DTS but not DD+.  I've installed the Oct-24 fritschfiretv version of Leia.  
I mainly use it as a Tvheadend client with occasional streaming.  
I have 2 problems:

1)  I don't have any 720p options in the whitelist, just 1080p options.  Is there something I need to do to get the 720p options to show in the white list?  

2)  My AVR is only receiving stereo when watching live TV.  However, when I playback a recording of the same show I get 5 channels.  What would be the best audio settings for my particular situation?  

Thanks in advance for any help.  I can post a log if necessary.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
(2020-11-23, 22:18)fritsch Wrote: Works brilliant for me.
What's the proper audio config? 2.0 or 7.1 channels via HDMI to AVR?
(2020-11-24, 07:06)sirmedia Wrote:
(2020-11-23, 22:18)fritsch Wrote: Works brilliant for me.
What's the proper audio config? 2.0 or 7.1 channels via HDMI to AVR?

There are 2 places where you configure the audio.

First one is in the AFTV4K Settings --> Display & Sounds --> Audio --> Surround Sound --> Best Available

Second one inside Kodi, here I choose 7.1 (maybe irrelevant for DTS passthrough), enable passthrough (Dolby, E-AC3, DTS).

There you'll get the DTS passthrough work correctly.
Thanks! That's how I have it configured, even though I only have a 5.1 speaker setup. I let Kodi pass 7.1 if available and the AVR will deal with mapping it to 5.1

Why do some recommend setting 2.0 channels in Kodi, I'm not sure I understand how that makes pass-through work better?
(2020-11-24, 19:59)sirmedia Wrote: Thanks! That's how I have it configured, even though I only have a 5.1 speaker setup. I let Kody pass 7.1 if available and the AVR will deal with mapping it to 5.1

Why do some recommend setting 2.0 channels in Kodi, I'm not sure I understand how that makes pass-through work better?

If you're talking about people in this thread, the suggestion is setting the Firestick to Stereo and disable passthrough in Kodi.  That's the only way I reliably get surround sound on my system.  YMMV
(2020-11-24, 19:59)sirmedia Wrote: Thanks! That's how I have it configured, even though I only have a 5.1 speaker setup. I let Kody pass 7.1 if available and the AVR will deal with mapping it to 5.1

Number of channels have no effect on passthrough, although setting it to 2.0 will expose AC3 transcoding option
(2020-11-24, 01:03)RKCRLR Wrote: I recently installed 4K Fire TV stick on a 1080p HD TV.  The TV is connect to my (older- no HDMI) 5.0 (no subwoofer) AVR via an optical cable.  It supports DD & DTS but not DD+.  I've installed the Oct-24 fritschfiretv version of Leia.  
I mainly use it as a Tvheadend client with occasional streaming.  
I have 2 problems:

1)  I don't have any 720p options in the whitelist, just 1080p options.  Is there something I need to do to get the 720p options to show in the white list?  

2)  My AVR is only receiving stereo when watching live TV.  However, when I playback a recording of the same show I get 5 channels.  What would be the best audio settings for my particular situation?  

Thanks in advance for any help.  I can post a log if necessary.

Well, never mind about the whitelist.  The 720p options decided to appear.  
Now I just need to get 5.0 sound on live TV.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
(2020-11-24, 21:36)Tarkus_ Wrote:

If you're talking about people in this thread, the suggestion is setting the Firestick to Stereo and disable passthrough in Kodi.  That's the only way I reliably get surround sound on my system.  YMMV

When I set the Fire TV audio options to Stereo, that is what I get with my setup (optical cable from TV to AVR).
Sorry to not read all the thread...
I'd like to get a Firestick 4K to be used together a Samsung Q60T.
Is Kodi 19 beta 1 able to use the HDR of the TV?
(2020-11-25, 11:56)fbi1970 Wrote: Sorry to not read all the thread...
I get HDR even on Leia (v18).
My TV is LG B8, but I don't think TV model matters?
(2020-11-24, 19:59)sirmedia Wrote: Thanks! That's how I have it configured, even though I only have a 5.1 speaker setup. I let Kodi pass 7.1 if available and the AVR will deal with mapping it to 5.1

If you change this to "Stereo" instead of "Best Available"
AFTV4K Settings --> Display & Sounds --> Audio --> Surround Sound --> Best Available

Then AAC will be output as LPCM in Kodi.

I don't remember the behavior of other audio formats (DD, DTS) when using the above mode.

I just don't like the sound of the UI coming out of all 5 speakers when in that mode.
I probably can turn that off from the menu setting, but I need to check the rests of audio formats.
(2020-11-25, 12:31)mountainhill2 Wrote:
(2020-11-25, 11:56)fbi1970 Wrote: Sorry to not read all the thread...
I get HDR even on Leia (v18).
My TV is LG B8, but I don't think TV model matters?
I wrote the model just to assure all that it's HDR capable.

I wonder that HDR is available even on Leia. According to my knowledge HDR was available only on amlogic with their patches (I mean CoreELEC).
I'm following also development of LibreELEC and they've not yet a release with HDR fully enabled (but that is based on Linux Kernel).

The real question is: is Android Kodi 19 beta 1 capable of HDR?
The announcement states that it is platform dependent, but nowhere I can find info on which platform.

Thanks
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3