• 12(current)
v18 Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
Thanks for this. I'm just wondering if there's any way to have just icons when the main menu is set to vertical rather than labels as Omni skin has?
(2019-09-15, 04:04)Yaff1e Wrote: Thanks for this. I'm just wondering if there's any way to have just icons when the main menu is set to vertical rather than labels as Omni skin has?

There is no option within Lyrebird to make the menu look that way, however, it could be edited in should you feel industrious enough.
@rdyott Did you get your Games section with roms all set up and working now? I'm curious if you used AEL or what exactly you used? I'm mainly going to have classic games like Snes, Nes, Genesis. I'm going to be using a hard drive hooked up to my Asus router to access them through Lyrebird. Also, did you have to provide your own box art and artwork or did it pull it in automatically for you? Thanks.
(2019-09-17, 16:15)gman12 Wrote: @rdyott Did you get your Games section with roms all set up and working now? I'm curious if you used AEL or what exactly you used? I'm mainly going to have classic games like Snes, Nes, Genesis. I'm going to be using a hard drive hooked up to my Asus router to access them through Lyrebird. Also, did you have to provide your own box art and artwork or did it pull it in automatically for you? Thanks.

@Rufoo uses AEL, yes. I released 0.9.8 and the scrapers are back. This is an example of the assets you can get with ScreeenScraper

Of course with Lyrebird the views are much better Laugh
(2019-09-17, 16:30)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-09-17, 16:15)gman12 Wrote: @rdyott Did you get your Games section with roms all set up and working now? I'm curious if you used AEL or what exactly you used? I'm mainly going to have classic games like Snes, Nes, Genesis. I'm going to be using a hard drive hooked up to my Asus router to access them through Lyrebird. Also, did you have to provide your own box art and artwork or did it pull it in automatically for you? Thanks.

@Rufoo uses AEL, yes. I released 0.9.8 and the scrapers are back. This is an example of the assets you can get with ScreeenScraper

ImageImage

Of course with Lyrebird the views are much better Laugh 
@Wintermute0110 That's awesome! So do I just have to download the AEL program and install it and it should start working right away or are there additional things needed for setup and to get it working? I will be using it from a Fire TV Box. Thanks.
(2019-09-17, 16:39)gman12 Wrote: @Wintermute0110 That's awesome! So do I just have to download the AEL program and install it and it should start working right away or are there additional things needed for setup and to get it working? I will be using it from a Fire TV Box. Thanks.

Yes, you need to do some setup. For every platform (SNES, Mega Drive, etc.) you need to setup a launcher that could be Kodi Retroplayer or external emu like Retroarch. Then, you scan your ROMs and AEL will download the artwork with the scrapers. You can also scrap artwork with the context menu.

In my signature you have a link to AEL thread, there are some info and tutorials there. Good luck!
@gman12 

Lyrebird is mainly about being game centric as it is what I primarily use my HTPC for and the backbone of all that is @Wintermute0110's wonderful AEL. Braz had already coded Mimic so that once AEL is installed an entry for Games will auto populate on the Home screen and the views I have added to Lyrebird (not the legacy Mimic views) can do all sorts of neat stuff when paired with AEL. The views attempt to accommodate the diverse range of stuff you'd find across all the systems from SD to HD as well as the common box shapes (it will automatically use the appropriate box shape if you have specified the system type for each collection of ROMs).

As @Wintermute0110 says, he has implemented scrapers back into AEL so it can fetch your artwork for you. Otherwise, on the first page of the AEL thread there are links and hints towards places where you can acquire artwork from as well.

If you're also going to be starting up a game collection and therefore using the views, be sure to also grab @chrisism's Game Studio Icons from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339796. This is a collection of studio flags exclusively around game devs, publishers, manufacturers, etc which Lyrebird makes use of in the game sections.
what do you use for your main system launcher page? like where your systems are before going into roms?

Old Lyrebird had a TITAN mode. i loved that. please bring back? Smile
@rdyott 

I'll add it back but only because I like you. Tongue
Heart 
(2019-09-23, 04:14)Rufoo Wrote: @rdyott 

I'll add it back but only because I like you. Tongue

<3

thank you.

How i use AEL. is the launchers are: systems. then launcher sub folders are the roms.
So the launchers menu acts silly when you use any of your new views, since it auto changes the thumb art to fit what the launcher's system is.  so a view like Titan would be great as a catch all type view.
i liked the Titan view also cause it allowed for a 16x9 landscape artwork for the icon Smile
@rdyott 

I use mine the same way by the sounds of it. Each system has its own respective folder and then the ROMs are contained within. But yes, the new views do go berserk on system screens for the reasons you say - Wintemute0110 experimented a while ago for me in attempting to put a flag to distinguish what level the user is at (launcher / category / ROM) so that the views could further tell how to behave but it never got finished or it didn't behave as intended, I think.

However, yes, I will restore some front end views in there for you that behave more generically. I'll be upping another bugfix push somepoint this week which contains a lot of fixes. No new views, with the exception of the Titan view.
OPINIONS WANTED:

I would like to hear from users of Lyrebird regarding two potential changes. One of which critically changes Lyrebird's feel and another which is just a result of some experimenting... Even if you're somebody who sits silently on the outskirts, using the skin, but not commenting, I'd still like to hear feedback as one of the changes, if liked enough, would be a radical deviation from the Mimic origins of Lyrebird and once it is done, it won't be undone.

1. Lyrebird retains the "blue haze" from Mimic over the background images, the muted look does have positives but the lushness and radiance of the background images is totally lost. Cirrus Extended, by contrast, allows backgrounds to take a much more dominant role in the visual experience allowing for way more "pop" but can have the negative of making things look a little busy. I'll post a comparative screenshot of the Big List view in the legacy Mimic styling and the slightly retooled version to work with the full colour backgrounds shortly. I would like to know what users prefer, if they like the muted background look or want the saturated look akin to Cirrus. If the latter is preferred, this will be applied to all views skin wide.

2. This one is for gamers / users of AEL. I created a "proof of concept" view called Two Step. The concept of Two Step is simple. Unlike regular views which simply display your games and metadata and upon clicking / pressing buttons launches the targeted item, Two Step instead has a simple navigation view for shuffling between your games but upon clicking it doesn't launch the game and overrides this command instead directing the user to a second screen which shows all the metadata, artworks, plays the trailer and allows the user to launch the game and various other options. While still in an experimental phase, if the idea is liked enough I would expand this functionality to other views going forward.

Thoughts?
(2019-09-24, 06:28)Rufoo Wrote: OPINIONS WANTED:

I would like to hear from users of Lyrebird regarding two potential changes. One of which critically changes Lyrebird's feel and another which is just a result of some experimenting... Even if you're somebody who sits silently on the outskirts, using the skin, but not commenting, I'd still like to hear feedback as one of the changes, if liked enough, would be a radical deviation from the Mimic origins of Lyrebird and once it is done, it won't be undone.

1. Lyrebird retains the "blue haze" from Mimic over the background images, the muted look does have positives but the lushness and radiance of the background images is totally lost. Cirrus Extended, by contrast, allows backgrounds to take a much more dominant role in the visual experience allowing for way more "pop" but can have the negative of making things look a little busy. I'll post a comparative screenshot of the Big List view in the legacy Mimic styling and the slightly retooled version to work with the full colour backgrounds shortly. I would like to know what users prefer, if they like the muted background look or want the saturated look akin to Cirrus. If the latter is preferred, this will be applied to all views skin wide.

2. This one is for gamers / users of AEL. I created a "proof of concept" view called Two Step. The concept of Two Step is simple. Unlike regular views which simply display your games and metadata and upon clicking / pressing buttons launches the targeted item, Two Step instead has a simple navigation view for shuffling between your games but upon clicking it doesn't launch the game and overrides this command instead directing the user to a second screen which shows all the metadata, artworks, plays the trailer and allows the user to launch the game and various other options. While still in an experimental phase, if the idea is liked enough I would expand this functionality to other views going forward.

Thoughts?
1. > cant you add new overlay backgrounds to resolve this? i think internally there are "80/20" and grey/white" backgrounds in the original mimic?
im not a huge fan of the "blue haze" if anything a MINOR haze. like 10% of whats now. lol
2. > interested to see this proof on concept. i like the item. but personally i wouldnt use it. i like just launching into games. and my family/friends like it K.I.S.S.
@Rufoo 

1.) I think it would also look better removing the "blue haze" and updating to a more brighter look. Also like Rdyott said, if you want to keep a type of haze over, make it a very light one and not dark. I've been actually wanting to find a way to brighten this skin up more. IMO, I think it would make the skin look so much better. I'm interested to see the pictures of ideas you had. This would also take the "blue haze" off of the main home screen too right? Do the pics you posted in post #125 resemble what you want to do?

2.) lol, If I ever can get my AEL and Roms/Emulators setup in Kodi, I would prefer to have it just be the game and artwork show and then just a simple click once to launch into without any additional screens to go into. Nice and easy without any additional waiting/screens. Smile
@Rufoo

1) I think I'd have to see the mock-up images first, to see how it would affect things, but I'm OK with this either way. Perhaps retain an option in Skin Settings to toggle an overlay on/off for those who don't like it?

2) I've yet to fully get into the Gaming side of Lyrebird (I think I mentioned this before! Smile ) I'm not sure if I like this idea of a two-step, two-screen approach. Most cases, I just want to get to my content as quickly as possible, if I want further information, I'd use the Information option in the context menu or pressing the "Info" button on my remote Smile

~Jondar
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)2